Search results

1. az10sbum

hot water recirculation pump

Any noticeable increase in your utility bill for heating the water? Of course I may save more on my water bill than I would pay for any increase for heating the water ,,,
  2. az10sbum

hot water recirculation pump

I am looking at a hot water recirculation pump for my house. Since my hot water is not set up in a loop back to the tank, I would be using what I see called a "temperature sensing bypass valve" at the far end of the run. It looks to me like this valve simply connects the hot water line to the...
  3. az10sbum

Cast Iron Toilet Flange

Thanks Gary You make a good point. I am guessing that lead connections and joints are not commonly installed anymore even on repairs by plumbers. That's why my original post alluded to repair flanges that seal on the outside like this one from Oatley It may not be clear in the...
  4. az10sbum

Cast Iron Toilet Flange

Thanks Jim. I am guessing that this one has the single slots on the side, and they are full of lead. The bolt that broke was definitely not a closet bolt that slips into a slot. Maybe I can remove the lead and use a closet bolt but the slots look a little wide. I could use a washer I...
  5. az10sbum

Cast Iron Toilet Flange

Hello all I have a house built in 1947, and the sanitary lines are all cast iron. In one bathroom, the flange has a broken bolt for the toilet connection. The bolts appear to have been leaded in with the flange. In other words, there is no slot to insert new bolts like I see in most new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks