Search results

1. edronline

Replaced Toto flush tower, now handle has too much play

Hi -- I have a Toto Drake II 1G toilet, left hand flush. I replaced the original flush tower with a new flush tower - I can't find the model #, but it was the correct one. I replaced the flush tower in another Drake II toilet we have in our house without incident. With this newest toilet, the...
  2. edronline

Replacing 2nd floor A/C unit with combo A/C / heat pump system

Already done. Getting our old house well insulated by a more expensive but highly regarded company made a huge difference in overall comfort and energy bills. We did this maybe 5 years ago. Kicking myself that we didn't do it sooner. I think it'll also increase the life of our HVAC equipment...
  3. edronline

This is very helpful. Yes, thinking about future proofing our house away from natural gas to renewables. It's going to happen at some point anyway. What I like about the new NG system is that it has an external and internal thermometer, so it doesn't so what the old one did- always try to get...
  4. edronline

New NG hot water furnace: what's a correct PSI and also how to un-airlock a radiant floor

It is working now! I'm happy. What seemed to help the most re getting the radiant floor and the stuck 2nd floor rads working was to up the pressure in the system (to something more reasonable for the height of the system to highest rad) and time. Thanks everyone!
  5. edronline

New NG hot water furnace: what's a correct PSI and also how to un-airlock a radiant floor

Thanks. Expansion tank is exactly at the level of the pressure gauge.
  6. edronline

Good point about boiler sizing.
  7. edronline

A bit of a theoretical question as our SEER 16 a/c system is ok. Big old 3 story + basement 3800 sf house. Western PA. Heat is new Weil-McLain EVG-220 hot water system with big old rads all over the house. 2 central A/C systems - first floor system & 2nd/3rd floor system When the 2nd floor...
  8. edronline

@fitter30 thank you for your reply. Yes, it's a bladder tank. How do I go about adjusting the air charge? Is this something I can easily do? It's unclear how the radiant floor is piped off the main piping, unfortunately, since it's all buried in the ceiling. It's part of a run that goes off...
  9. edronline

Got a new hot water furnace installed a few weeks ago (Weil-McLain EVG220, natural gas) along with a new expansion tank in a very old but well insulated and tall 4 story (including basement) house here in the north east US. The techs filled the system to about 14.5 psi, and while the third/top...
  10. edronline

Correct temperature setting for hot water heat/furnace

I have a 2 zone Burham hot water heating system. It is currently set for 180 degrees F, but I notice there is a lot of short cycling. On very cold days the burner will turn on until the water heats up. After that, the zones will cycle the furnace off and on very rapidly- - usually on for a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks