Search results

1. Schimko

Final FINAL installation pictures of cross, control valve, pressure tank, and pump!

Ok so call it that. So youre saying I should change my pressure switch so my pump runs longer. Justwater: My tank pressure is whatever my casing pressure is at. So when my pump shuts off at 40 that's what the tank is at...
  2. Schimko

Final FINAL installation pictures of cross, control valve, pressure tank, and pump!

I wouldn't call it a short cycle. It takes about 32 seconds for it to get back up to pressure then it shuts off. It stays off until the pressure gets low enough. I would call it normal water usage. Is the pump suppose to run non stop while using the shower for instance?
  3. Schimko

Well the water regulator is used to try and maintain a lower pressure going down the casing then we had before. So yea I guess the ultimate goal is to not flip the leathers or distort them in any way. I thought I could regulate back pressure with that regulator on top but wasn't sure. I will...
  4. Schimko

Before you edited your post you said it looked "bass-akwards" The ONLY difference is the water regulator, nothing else changed. When we had 50-55 psi going down the casing it only worked for 1 day before pump couldn't build pressure and the water ran out of the pipe in 8 hours. Pulled pipe...
  5. Schimko

Well a couple weeks ago I put my pictures up here of my installation. Well since that time we decided to get a water regulator to regulate the amount of pressure going down my casing. Last week we installed that and started to prime only to notice that my cast iron box elbow in the basement was...
  6. Schimko

Final (Hopefully) installation pictures of cross, control valve, pressure tank, pump

Pump is in my basement well is outside about 10 feet to the west. So whatever the pump is pushing out that bottom port which is going to my casing, that's just what its going to be? So 50psi could be normal?
  7. Schimko

Final (Hopefully) installation pictures of cross, control valve, pressure tank, pump

Understandable. But what about the 50 psi going down my casing? Is that ok? is that too much? what is it suppose to be? That part is what i dont understand I guess. Thats kind of a trick to do. We put 20 feet of pipe down with the jet and foot valve and hold them at the bottom with vise grips...
  8. Schimko

Hooked everything back up and with the help of my buddy got water to move thank god. BUT were not understanding the whole control valve thing. In the pump installation book it says that I need to have 32 psi coming out of my control valve. This means that I will only have 32 psi going to my...
  9. Schimko

Yea the whole reason I am doing this is because I cant afford a new well. I had a good friend help during the initial pull but now with all of your help I'm kind of winging it so to speak. So I'm kind of glad to hear that its hard to get all the air out of these systems. Hopefully that is the...
  10. Schimko

Where my casing starts, 6 feet below the ground is 2.5" I had to get a bell adapter that goes from 2.5" to 2" to adapt to the new pitless adapter. Then everything from the pitless to the basement is 2" I primed everything on saturday and turned the pump on... nothing. Odd part is it only took...
  11. Schimko

Here is what I have so far. I still have to prime everything yet. Thanks to everyone who helped on my other posts. If something looks wrong please let me know. http://www.flickr.com/photos/25611152@N08/8190050713/sizes/l/in/photostream/...
  12. Schimko

How do I hook up a Goulds 3/4 hp deep well jet pump with cross and control valve?

Yea I guess if you say it that way. Seems like everyone has their own verbiage for it.
  13. Schimko

How do I hook up a Goulds 3/4 hp deep well jet pump with cross and control valve?

Theres not a T in the Jet drive line. Theres a T on top of my casing. I wouldve loved to have been down there to take pictures of this event but I dont fit down my 2 1/2" casing. :D
  14. Schimko

Justwater, thanks for the correction on my diagram. I worked on it last night for a bit. I still have to hook the tank to the control valve and get a longer line for my pressure switch. Here is a pic of what is on the bottom of my pipe.
  15. Schimko

OK guys what do you think of this? This is how I see it in my head. Please pick it apart if it is wrong. The text in the pic says main water to middle hole on front of pump. And by the arrow it says main water from well. Sorry for the small pic I was getting an error trying to attach it. Maybe...
  16. Schimko

When I bought the house it had 70' feet of pipe in the ground with a jet and leathers at the bottom. In the basement was a shallow well wayne pump. Maybe my water level is between 20-30 feet I dont know for sure. All i hear is caplunk when we drop the pipe down there. Either way that's not what...
  17. Schimko

Thats what I thought. Apparently it worked that way for years. maybe the barometric pressure is lower or higher here... OK I think I can picture it in my head now. Thanks for all your help. Sorry for the ignorance but this is my first well ever. Plus i build computers not wells. I will be...
  18. Schimko

Heres the history in a nut shell. Lost prime on old system 4 months after I bought the house. All it had on for a pump was a shallow well wayne pump. After months of research I finally found out what I had. We pulled up the jet and leathers first because I thought my foot valve was bad. It...
  19. Schimko

The jet assembly, because it is a deep well pump, is 70 feet down my casing by the foot valve. Any other suggestions?
  20. Schimko

So I have a J7 3/4 hp Goulds pump. They also sold me the control valve and the cross piece. We had guessed at this with our first shot and think we had too much pressure going down my casing therefore blowing off my leathers. I read the pump book again today for the 5th time and have come to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks