Search results

1. DIY Guy

Flush Valve for Gerber Toilet

1) No parts left over. I used the second rubber washer on the bottom between the tank and the metal washer and nut. This is how it was previously installed and it makes sense, since the bottom of the tank has a little high spot around the holes which the rubber washer will conform to. I don't...
  2. DIY Guy

I have a few more questions. 1) How tight do you tighten the tank bolts? I'm using the sequence "bolt - rubber washer - tank - rubber washer - metal washer - nut". FIY, the rubber washers that came with the kit are very hard. 2) What position is the flush valve mounted? The old one was at the...
  3. DIY Guy

Thanks for all the advice. I'll look into the Korky FV. However I'm still curious about the differences in the Fluidmaster models in my first post.
  4. DIY Guy

Thanks for the quick reply. Although I really like the Korky brand fill valve (soft shutoff prevents water hammer), I would prefer a non-adjustable flush valve. It's also only available as a kit at Lowes. (I can't use the generic tank to bowl gasket, since it doesn't fit my Gerber.) That's why I...
  5. DIY Guy

I am replacing the flush valve for a 1985 Gerber toilet and would like to know what brand is recommended. I was looking at Fluidmaster and they have models 507A, 507C, and Pro 57. Anyone know what the the difference is? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks