Search results

1. Plumbcatastrophe

Washing Machine Outlet Box

I think I have to replace a couple of those old screw down valves. I had a plumber come out and he put on a couple of brass hose bib ball valves, but the hot water one weeps around the ball. How do I get the outlet box off or install a new one to sweat a joint? Do I have to dig into the drywall?
  2. Plumbcatastrophe

Water Heater Relief Discharge

Am I okay if my water heater relief discharge goes into a drip pan that can overflow, if needed, to the dirt crawlspace?
  3. Plumbcatastrophe

Water Stain

I'm under the house and I find some old water stains near the pipes and vents. Some are white in color, some are black. I checked the wood and it is sound and the stains superficial. Should I sand the stain and treat the wood with something to help preserve it? Or do anything else?
  4. Plumbcatastrophe

ABS/DWV repair

On a 2" line, old 20 year ABS, it's leaking around the joints a little bit. Is there something you can buy to rejoin or meld or some kind of sleeve or should it be replaced? This particular union is the straight extension fitting into a Y. I tried dobbing some ABS cement around it but that...
  5. Plumbcatastrophe

Optimum House Water Pressure

This is nuts. Used to have 80-100 PSI so I added PRV with factory setting at 50. Read about that at the outside taps. I just put in the expansion tank for water heater. Now pressure is at 40. Is this going to be a problem for my sprinklers in spring. Should I monkey with the PRV and boost the...
  6. Plumbcatastrophe

Expansion tank beat to death

I've read all the links and I think I'm on the right track, but I'd like to check. 40 gal LPG water heater, says the Det 5 from Watts will work, so I had a space issue to contend with. Cold line comes right out of wall behind water heater, very little room to mount above tank because of venting...
  7. Plumbcatastrophe

Pre-soldered fitting

anyone using these that you get at HD? Looked pretty good and the helper said all you needed to do was clean and flux? Do you need to add more solder or can you? Pros and cons?
  8. Plumbcatastrophe

Bang or Ping in water heater

I looked at some old threads and I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. I get a "bang" in the water heater, one only, as it nears its heating cycle, when I turn a valve off (like the sink or shower), or sometimes while it's just sitting there doing what water heaters do. It's an envirotech...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks