Search results

1. mcdgary

Possible lightning strike on outside power box causing damage

Yep, we're VA neighbors If the pump is damaged I'll just have to go with a local recommendation in the Georgia area; pumps of this type are very practical for such a rural area. I live inNewport News.
  2. mcdgary

A picture of my Georgia farmhouse. In 1975 a severe thunderstorm came in over the James River (I live in Newport News, VA); we were warned by TV and radio of its severity. I have an ancient Blackgum tree in the center of my front yard about 10' from the house. Wife and two little ones and I...
  3. mcdgary

The metal door about the size of a paperback book cover was missing on the pole's power connect box. No other physical damage was visible. Vandals could have torn the door off. No one had entered the old farm house (I do keep it locked.) When I went to insert the two main breakers is when I...
  4. mcdgary

Thanks, very good reply Can you suggest how maybe lightning got into my fuse box? From the outside I assume the utility power line there are two 115V (hots), a neutral and a ground, which come into the Power Company's meter. Inside the house are two service main and since I always pull the...
  5. mcdgary

This concerns 220V-240V deep well pump. Located at a 100 year old farm house. A 12/2 (two hot wire, no ground) wire runs from an elecrtical box inside the house to the well pump about 80' away outside. The 12/2 wire is connected to power box on a 4x4 pressure treated pole; the box is about 6'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks