Search results

1. MiamiNewbie

Can this shutoff valve stem be cut to size?

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I think I can manage that. I guess the biggest risk is completing breaking the stem somehow.
  2. MiamiNewbie

Here you can see (I hope) where the splines end.
  3. MiamiNewbie

Discouraging, but thanks for the insights. (Perhaps I should have insisted more strenuously to the plumber who put in the shutoff valves to put everything inside the wall behind an access panel.)
  4. MiamiNewbie

Thanks for looking and thanks for the suggestion!
  5. MiamiNewbie

Sorry about the poor photo. In any case, the splines at the end of the stem do not go back far enough. I'd have to cut back 1 1/2 to 2 inches of the threaded part of the stem.
  6. MiamiNewbie

Hello, I have two of these stems emerging several inches from the now-tiled walls. They are right next to my wall-mounted toilet and are pretty obtrusive. Can they be cut down so small handles can be placed flush with the tile? Thanks very much. Robert
  7. MiamiNewbie

Installing a new shower in a concrete floor, high-rise

JW, thanks for the additional information and photographs. I am excited about the other suggestion of the wall-mounted toilet. I found the Geberit installation video online and I think that very well may be the solution for me. It even turns out that a colleague at work just had one installed...
  8. MiamiNewbie

Thanks, JW. I will look into the Quick Drain USA device. If the neighbors downstairs were not also doing renovations (that they are going to move out for a while to get done), I probably wouldn't even ask them. Thanks again.
  9. MiamiNewbie

I have a similar question (and hope it's appropriate to add to this thread rather than start my own). I bought a condo in a mid-sixties building. The existing bathroom layouts are crowded and I would like to shift the toilet by no more than a couple of feet to allow me to replace the tub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks