Search results

1. Shacko

Holmes On Homes Question

Thats what I was asking, the usual CANADIAN hook-up, thanks.
  2. Shacko

Holmes On Homes Question

Terry: I know you are a fan of Holmes on Homes, but I'm trying to find out if CANADA code allows the three questionable hook-ups I seen lately on the show, I'm sure that most U.S codes will not allow them :confused:
  3. Shacko

Holmes On Homes Question

Tom Sawyer: I'm trying to find out if Canada allows it. 2009 UPC Requires an air gap, unless they have changed they want them reguardless of the dishwasher manufactors recomendations Heating copper to bend it has been a no-no as long as I been in the trade, if you want to bend it you...
  4. Shacko

Holmes On Homes Question

Been watching some Holmes on Homes shows lately and seen what is a no-no in the states; since I don't know Canadian plumbing code I don't know if its a violation or not. Mikes plumber ripping out the original plumbing in the kitchen sink talking about what a abortion it was, (he was right)...
  5. Shacko

Chrome nipples to copper water feed lines???

Thats done all the time; don't forget that the size for most bath groups is 3/8 i.p, you also need a strap wrench to keep from tearing the chrome up, luck.
  6. Shacko

Rough In Vent Stack

Don't forget that AAV'S should not be concealed
  7. Shacko

Kitchen Faucet Pull-Out Hose Won't Retract

Hansgrohe seems to indicate that a problem is usually caused by the hose being twisted or the weight being in the wrong place? Moen instructions below.
  8. Shacko

Main Drain Pipe Leaking

If you have never done this before I think you should use the banded coupling, it will be easier, your call.
  9. Shacko

Clay Pipe tie in

You might be close to being forced to; I would get a video of the line to be sure there is nothing wrong with it that might bite you, luck.
  10. Shacko

Clay Pipe tie in

Have to agree with (Basement_Lurker ) there's no way I would tie into existing clay pipe unless I was forced to.
  11. Shacko

Help - converting 2 pc basement rough-in to a 3 pc.

What you show is o.k., the under slab pipe to the shower has to be 2in, vent off the shower can be 1 1/2in. Fernco's are the way to go cutting into your main pipe.
  12. Shacko

Moving sink drain pipe

To answer the question you will have to get into the wall and find out why the pipe is run that way, there might be something in the way that stops the pipe from comming out the back wall.
  13. Shacko

Rough in plumbing clarification needed

If you are getting an inspection you should ask the inspector for your jurisdiction what he wants, inspections change depending on the location. :D
  14. Shacko

ABS and hot air ducting

With the temperature that you run heating duct you shouldn't have a problem, I would not lay the pipe on the duct.
  15. Shacko

Dishwasher replacement and air gap

...I think I'm going with Gary's suggestion: disregard the current drain, install a tailpiece under the sink, above the p trap, and use a high loop. Would that be the best way to go?... Thats the way to go, your original hook-up is totally illegal, that drain line has to go thru a trap before...
  16. Shacko

Pressure Test

Used to be 100psi for domestic water for the time the inspector wanted to look at it, IMHO I think thats a good number.
  17. Shacko

Curb box - number of turns = size of valve????

Do you think that could mean how many times you stagger when you are turning the valve. :D
  18. Shacko

Light Green PVC use

Without seeing the specs on the pipe it looks like high pressure pvc which is good for 4-8oo psi.
  19. Shacko

Is this an S-Trap? Please help!!

The pipes go into the wall because they supposed have a vent on them that goes up out the roof or ties into another vent, running the pipe straight down thru the floor creates a s-trap which is illegal in most jurisdictions.:(...
  20. Shacko

Is this an S-Trap? Please help!!

What the hell is that supposed to be!!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks