Search results

1. mike mann

UPC Code question about water service sizing

other than the plumber doing it his way i don't think there ever was a plan. electrical shows on the plans that i have seen but no plumbing other than the location of the drains. could the lack of water have anything with the toilets plugging up? more in 1 1/2 years than our previous house of 25...
  2. mike mann

the chief building inspector sent a letter to the home builder saying that the house plumbing system has to meet the requirements of upc table p2903.1 period. at peak demand we have a trickle at the kitchen faucet and none at the west outside faucet. he's requiring the builder to have a...
  3. mike mann

after all this time the west valley city inspection department has just sent a letter to the home builder telling him that the house is in non-compliance with the plumbing code and other things. not sure where it's going from here as one of the addendums they signed said that the house will meet...
  4. mike mann

at the water main it's 55psi. like you i'm in way over my head on this. retired after 40 years in the defense industry but nothing ever taught me how to handle something like this. thats why i'm hoping to find a table like the irc p2903.1 in the upc code because i'm way below the amounts in the...
  5. mike mann

using the west side facuet with no other water running it took 1 minute and 15 seconds to fill a 5 gallon jerry can. does the upc have a table similar to irc code p2903.1 which shows the required capacities at point of outlet discharge? thanks-mike mann
  6. mike mann

sprinklers get to about 2/3 of the lawn. in utah water line size is 3/4". this is what is bothering me if the code allows for protrusions to be put into lines that reduce the water flow from 3/4" copper to 3/4" pex and then put fitting into it that further reduce the volume to about 1/2" which...
  7. mike mann

talk about a estate(VBG). sprinkler syatem was design/installed by reliance homes employee/subcontractor who use 3/4" schedule 40 pvc. he assumed he had 11 gpm and wasn't concerned about pressure and this was suppose to be a expert. like plumbing i didn't know anything about sprinkler systems...
  8. mike mann

it's a approx 13,000sqft lot but with the detached 3 car garage (hobby shop) and pavement it's down to less than 1/2 of that in grass. if the $3500 would be enough to fix it then why wasn't $7700 that i paid in the first place enough to get it done right? you mention "nominal" size of pipe. in...
  9. mike mann

thanks. deep down i think your right. i can take it to the city and bbb without it costing anything and the water is just the tip of the problems that we have had with this house. i hate getting shafted out of $7700 plus the money it will take to fix the sprinkler system ($3500) if it can be...
  10. mike mann

interesting that you should say that. when i asked reliance homes (gc) reps about the specs thay set for the plumbing thay said there wern't any and they relied upon the plumber. right now i'm in the process of trying to pull this all toghter and take it to the cities code enforcement people to...
  11. mike mann

thank you for the info and thats my whole point. the house plumbing has 3/4 brass fittings and 25/30 plastic ones which reduce the flow even more. when i asked the plumber what the fps flow rate and how many gpm would flow thru the plastic fittings all i got was "it's built to code" which...
  12. mike mann

thank you as thats the way i was reading the code also and comparing what i have to what the code says. from where i come from (mil specs and contracts) the word "shall" is a absolute requirement and unless you have written permission to deviate it stands as written. if the code meant it to mean...
  13. mike mann

thank you for the explanation. had a hard time understanding how a 5/8 dia pex tube could flow as much as a copper 3/4 line but when i learned that the iside is slicker and the raised the fps rate up from 5 to 8 it made sense. i'm still confused about the section of the code that says that...
  14. mike mann

the way the house is plumbed the hose facuet is a 1/2" pex line with a "t" fitting that reduces the flow to .315 and is on the same line as the kitchen sink and dishwasher so that if either is on the hose has very little. the sprinkler system that i paid $7700 for doest cover the lawn at all and...
  15. mike mann

we just had a new house built in utah and the plumbing is terrible and i don't think to code. we have a 3/4" water main line(copper) but as soon as it enters the house it's reduced to take 3/4" pex and then about 2' from that there is a "t" with a id of .538. the line contues across the ceiling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks