Search results

1. dubele

Grout

This is a very old post, but thought I'd give some feedback of TEC's Power Grout 550 product. In short, I regret going with this product. I grouted a floor last week with this stuff. Today, a week later, when I drop a few water drops on the grout, I can actually remove grout by scrubbing with...
  2. dubele

1/2 inch fitting difficult to piece together

It has to be the pipe I bought. The elbows and T's and other fittings fit in the old pipe. I'm taking it back. Thanks guys.
  3. dubele

Hi Terry. Ok, I am a "weekend warrior" and I am not a plumber by trade.......I've done some plumbing though and never experienced this. Good to hear I'm not alone. I will sand it down or maybe take it back and get different pipe.
  4. dubele

Hi, I spent my weekend ripping out my upstairs plumbing and reinstalling. Diameter is 1/2". Everything went well except when I went to put the pieces together. They just would not go together. It seems they caught up. I can't imagine this is normal. Is this typical? I even took a new 1/2"...
  5. dubele

No pressure...Clog?

I can try that, but I don't think the issue is at the brass shutoff valve. Just so I am clear, my lines are as follows. Both hot and cold have brand new soldered Brass 1/4 shutoff valves. From them, I have flex lines running to each of the fixtures intake. From each fixtures hot and cold...
  6. dubele

No pressure...Clog?

Hi, Something is up with my upstairs plumbing. Ever since a plumber buddy of mine installed a new valve in the guest bathroom, I have been having issues. The issue is that all fixtures are expelling what looks to be bits of metal. They come out greenish. This stuff is clogging my...
  7. dubele

How tight do you need to tighten a compression fitting?

Thanks Jim. That's exactly what I did. No tape and little turns until it stopped. I was just getting to the point of, "Holy $&!%.....when is this going to stop leaking!!". It seriously took about 10 times of little turns before it stopped.
  8. dubele

How tight do you need to tighten a compression fitting?

Hello, I just hooked up my toilet. It is a Brasscraft valve and I used a solid pipe to connect the toilet. I haven't done this before. I seated the solid pipe into the the valve with the ferrel until it stopped and hand tighetened. I tightened it more with a wrench until it was tight....I...
  9. dubele

Tiled, now toilet won't fit

Thanks everyone! I have a toilet already and would like to get it in. I will ask one last question. I understand this may not be optimal, but.......and I will explain this simplistically....Am I ok if the hole in the toilet empties in the hole in the flange even though they are centered...
  10. dubele

Tiled, now toilet won't fit

Hello, I tiled my bathroom including behind the toilet. The wall used to have just 1/2" drywall and I removed that for tiling. After installing shims, hardie board, mastic, and tile, the wall is closer to the toilet flange by 1". I dry fitted the toilet and I am not going to be able to use...
  11. dubele

Kohler Rite-Temp bath & shower valve, K-T10274-4

Hi Jim, Are we talking two different things?? I know the paster guard comes off after the install of the tile. My question is on the plate. The plate is behind the valve....it is what the plaster guard attaches to. The plate face is flush with THE BACK of the cement board. I don't see...
  12. dubele

Debris in line

Thanks guys. A few comments. Debris - I have turned my water off and on many times and have never had crud come out the lines as a result. Also, what's wierd about this is several weeks after the valve was soldered on and all the crud was gone, I soldered on a new elbow for the tub faucet...
  13. dubele

Mine is a thick wall install. I have the valve anchored only by means of screws into the plastic plate which is attached to the valve. Before I put the hardie board up, your telling me it's ok to leave the plastic plate on??
  14. dubele

Debris in line

Is it normal after soldering pipes to have debris in the lines? The debris is greenish in color. I had a buddy solder a new Kohler valve on in my guest bathroom and debris is coming out of my master bathroom shower and clogging the shower head. I had to take it off to clean it out about three...
  15. dubele

Hi. I am not a plumber and putting in a new tub....and a new valve. My question will be stupid I assure you!! LOL!!! On the Kohler Valve, there is a plastic "housing" called a plate (looks like part number 1095944). My question is, "Do you remove this"? I know there is a Dome plastic guard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks