Search results

1. oldrover

How to plumb basement sink drain?

Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't thought of using 2x6's. Sounds like a good idea! Just to make sure I'm not screwing this all up, I have attached more photos to better represent my situation. In order to make the tub fit correctly, and keeping the room square, I figured that I would need...
  2. oldrover

I'm open to suggestions.. I can't go straight through the studs, because they will only be about 2 inches thick in that area.
  3. oldrover

Thanks for your advice!
  4. oldrover

One more try; Is there a way to plumb this with the pipes going behind the wall as I've done? What about a loop to the vent? Is that what I need? What would happen if I just left it the way it is? Would it still work ok? Thanks...
  5. oldrover

Doh! :confused: Thanks. Now I understand. I did it that way because the wall was framed slightly out of square and I am ripping 2x4's to make that wall square. So, there isn't room to notch them. So, can I get by with this, or is there another way to do it? Thanks. :)
  6. oldrover

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I came straight off the vertical pipe and have a 90 at the end. What should I have done? Thanks.
  7. oldrover

Yes. I sloped the pipe down to the vent. I was just concerned because I saw some pictures showing a loop configuration for a sink drain.
  8. oldrover

I'm finishing a bathroom in my basement, roughed in by builder 6 years ago. Did I plumb for the sink correctly? Thanks! :)
  9. oldrover

Basement bathroom- tub or framing first?

Thanks! I was worried about framing it and then the tub not fitting right. I'll let you know how it goes :)
  10. oldrover

Basement bathroom- tub or framing first?

I am installing a basement bath in my 6 year old house. It has a rough in for a full bath. Here is my question: Should I install the bathtub before or after framing the bathroom? It is an Americast tub if that matters.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks