Search results

1. liam o k

salt on water heater

So, what i'm getting out of all this is that there may be calcium chloride in the water. But, i've seen many leaky water heaters in this area with calcium (we always call it lime) build-up, and none have had that salt-flats type crusting that is so indicative of salt. Admittedly, i've never...
  2. liam o k

salt on water heater

A friend asked me to look at her water heater that has a white mineral build-up on top. A plumber told her that it was because her chimney was inadequate and so the heater was not venting properly, so she called me. Using an incense stick while the water heater was running, I found that it...
  3. liam o k

Two inch well question

it's holding water!!! today, the pump... i'm a historic hone renovator and antique tool woodworker who, unfortunately, lives in a modern world. so i'm occasionally forced to seek help with computer software and hardware. (i'm also poor, so nothing's ever new.) i comb through pages of...
  4. liam o k

Two inch well question

many thanks!! one more question: i recall there's a dispute--- to soak or not to soak leathers. i worry about pushing a seated leather over the hole and down a likely corroded pipe. any thoughts?
  5. liam o k

Two inch well question

i'm sorry, justwater, but i'm not totally clear on you description. i understand the intent to create a seal above and below the hole in the 2" while letting the 1" pass through, but you say "however much 1" pvc to get a hair past where the jet was set originally"--- it was originally set...
  6. liam o k

Two inch well question

i've determined there is hole in the 2" casing at about 14.5 ft. my intention tomorrow is to reinsert the well pipe with the foot valve on the bottom, the 1" pipe up to about 13.5 ft.below the well head, the ejector packer, then the balance of the pipe to the well head. if anyone sees fault...
  7. liam o k

Two inch well question

LLigetfa, i like how you think. seems i've seen such a diagram, at the flint & walling website, i think. what's the trade-off with this configuration...why wouldn't we normally assemble it this way?
  8. liam o k

Two inch well question

looks like i have to make my purchase (of a new ejector assembly) to know if it's a worthwhile purchase. but, wouldn't i be compromising the leathers by forcing them down the casing AFTER they've seated (swelled or swollen)?
  9. liam o k

Two inch well question

originally the 12-year-old pump was found running continuously with no water. I hired the only well man around who would deal w/2inch; he said,"new pump" i said "ok." he said he poured a considerable amount of water into the prime hole of the new pump, and it all went away. he said "bad foot...
  10. liam o k

Two inch well question

after two hours of doing as you said (giving up twice) it worked!!! thanks, justwater. i quite easily pulled up thirty feet of pipe (water at eighteen feet) to find a clear venturi and a foot valve that seemed to work, though i can't be sure there wasn't debris in it before i messed with it...
  11. liam o k

Two inch well question

my situation is the same as phil's in georgia. i removed the three bolts and inserted eye-bolts with chains, and proceed to pull with a come-along. i eventually raised the pipe about an inch and a half, then it stopped. the 4x4's are groaning, i can't get another click on the come-along and i...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks