Search results

1. I

Cut down sewer cleanout... possible?

Only reason I'm hoping to take it down below floor level is so I could use a mechanical test plug (without modifying it) and have it sit below floor level. I'm now starting to think that removing some concrete around the pipe and drilling out the lead from the joint might not be so bad. Could...
  2. I

hj, What tools would you use to split the top section of pipe out of the hub? Thanks, Ryan
  3. I

Thanks for the tips guys. To do the drilling will I need to have access to the outside of the pipe (aka, will I have to chisel out the concrete around the pipe)? Here are a couple of pictures of the problem cleanout just for reference. Thanks again, Ryan
  4. I

New Info Hey all, I got delayed on this project a bit and just now came back to revisit it. While taking a more careful look at the cleanout, I noticed that there is a joint in the cast iron pipe about 3" below the floor. Is there any way I could take advantage of this fact by splitting...
  5. I

Not 100% sure. Would I be able to remove the section of pipe without completely destroying the surrounding concrete? If not, it may simply be more convenient to only cut down flush with the floor as Bob suggested. Either way, I think the mechanical test plug idea proposed by Bob would work to...
  6. I

Could anyone tell me if an internal pipe cutter like this might work? If so, would I have any chance of renting one locally? I probably couldn't justify the $200 price-tag for a one-time use.
  7. I

Thanks for all the advice everyone! To answer your question Cass, I am finishing the basement. Infact, I'm almost done converting it to a home theater (the sewer cleanout being one of the last big projects). In hind sight, I probably should have addressed the cleanout problem much earlier...
  8. I

Hello all, I have a sewer cleanout in my basement that is proving to be quite a hazard. It is situated right in a walking path and sticks up about 2" out of the floor. I would like to find a way, without tearing up the entire basement, to sink the cleanout down so it is at least flush with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks