Search results

1. DOCSCANTLIN

Clack WS1 type softener-no suction-have tried "everything"

I believe I picked up the trash from an original pressure tank still plumbed into the system which I inadvertently opened into the system by mistake. The filter sounds like a good idea regardless. I also do not have an emergency pressure release valve. Any opinion on adding one while I "am in...
  2. DOCSCANTLIN

I tightened the small nut about 2 turns and am now up to about 54# when the contacts open. The points close at 40# still. Can I adjust the nut a bit more to get to 60#? We have a small 2 story house...Do I even need 40/60? Should I set up the bladder and switch for 30/50? Can you even do that...
  3. DOCSCANTLIN

I HAVE BRINE SUCTION! Perhaps someone can explain what happened, but, I decided to remove the DLFC just on the outside chance I could increase the drain flow enough to get some suction. What did I have to loose...Well! When I open the bypass valve, all hell broke loose...like a water cannon...
  4. DOCSCANTLIN

Gentlemen: Bladder pressure was 9#. Drained tank. Pumped bladder to 38# (switch 40/60). Replaced gauge. Switch contacts close at 40#, open at 46-48#,. Seems to be very little water in the tank (probabably due to the incorrect differential). Ran through reg. cycles in softener. Drain still at...
  5. DOCSCANTLIN

Dear Mr. Slusser, Sorry, just wanted to get the ball rolling. I couldn't answer all the questions yestersay as I got involved with some other issues. However, I will drain the tank and take a reading on the valve. Regarding the gauge, sorry for the confusion,...the existing gauge at the tank is...
  6. DOCSCANTLIN

The gauge is theoretically before the softener. That is, I have a separate line (unsoftened) to kitchen sink. That is where the gauge was. I was wondering about the 36# vs. the 40/60 switch. There is water only in the bottom of the pressure tank. When a faucet is opened, the switch will...
  7. DOCSCANTLIN

NEWS FLASH: 36# of pressure...Now what? I just installed a new gauge on my water system. I have a 46/60 switch. cycling normally. Water pressure is at 36#. What could be in the softener causing a drain flow of 1 pint per minute with 36# of pressure? The plot thickens! Put on your Sherlock Holmes...
  8. DOCSCANTLIN

Gentlemen: Thank you so very much for all your input. Yes, it seems I should have checked the pressure but my gauge was inoperative and it seemed the pressure through my faucets was "fine". Plus the faucets through the softener were same as the faucet bypassing the softener. I didn't check...
  9. DOCSCANTLIN

Dear Mr. Slusser, I just got off the phone with Hellenbrand. He did agree the stack needed to be compressed (front to back as it tightens (not side force). He recommended tightening it further and didn't think you could over tighten it unless you put obscene leverage on it. I think we have our...
  10. DOCSCANTLIN

Dear Mr. Slusser, The part #s are identical (embossed on the part). No more errors. It seems odd, though, that I have to unplug it for so long to get it to reset. But it does finally reset and all regeneration positions are as per the manual as far as which step the shaft is next to (it was a...
  11. DOCSCANTLIN

Just took a look at the clack patent papers online and a closer look at the manual. As I see it now, the best way to install the stack is to use a dowell and push the rear of the stack against the back of the bore. I believe this is where you count threads, as you cannot see threads (at least 4)...
  12. DOCSCANTLIN

Sir, Thanks for the question. The "casing" is clean as a whistle. I cleaned the "bore" with a rag and vinegar. Everything is clean. Interestingly, when you insert the stack there is a lot of play between the round seals and the bore. It seems when the stack is completely inserted ant tightened...
  13. DOCSCANTLIN

Mr. Slusser, what shaft? The threads on the cap drive assy. are internal and the piston rod shaft has nothing to do with the spacer stack position...? ...another wrinkle...When I get a 1002 error, I cannot get a rest by pushing reg. and next. I have to unplug for over an hour to get a...
  14. DOCSCANTLIN

Mr. Susser, I received the 2nd new stack assembly. It has the same number embossed on the part as the original part which came with the softener. They must be the same. Any suggestions before I try and install this? Thank you kindly, Doc Scantlin
  15. DOCSCANTLIN

Good point. I am going to remove the new stack I installed and check it against the original stack. You are correct. The clack diagragm cut away view does not show those "ledges". However the part numbers from the original Hillenbrand manual (which has no cut away diagragm) match the part...
  16. DOCSCANTLIN

Thanks. Is it time to order a new assembly? I really don't think I tightened it that much. Just "good and snug"...Do you really think it is ruined? Let me know if you have any more suggestions before I purchase another assembly. I have the manual that came with the softener and no indexing...
  17. DOCSCANTLIN

Mr. Susser, Thanks. I am not getting the error now. I have downloaded the manual. Much more information than mine. It talks about number of threads to index the stack (unless I misunderstood). On my brine setting the piston rod is 3 1/2 steps down so that looks to be in the correct position. At...
  18. DOCSCANTLIN

Mr. Slusser, Thank you for your reply. I loosened the stack until it started leaking and re tightened it clockwise (black piece) until the seal just disappeared. The seal actually looks to be in about the same place as it was when I "over tightened" it. I turned The white gear clockwise until it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks