Search results

1. Failure2Comply

What is this and what does it do for my NG furnace?

Someone installed an warp disc limit (180F "Flue Draft Spillage") switch on your barometric relief damper. They must have had a venting issue and band-aided the problem.
  2. Failure2Comply

New Toto toilets don't flush like the 35 year-old ones did

Sounds like a children's book. :D
  3. Failure2Comply

Heat pump losing heat - please help

If this is the case I would be calling his supervisor and file a formal complaint. Without putting gauges on and taking multiple temperature readings all he could do as guess, and that is not professional or acceptable. The refrigerant never goes bad, it only gets contaminated or it leaks out...
  4. Failure2Comply

One story home zoned A/C

You can zone a single unit system, but dealing with the amount of cold bypassed air can be an issue. It is very easy to grow mold in a zoned system because of the bypass. When you bypass high volumes of cold air (most zones closed and only one or two calling for cooling) the lower temps cause...
  5. Failure2Comply

Replacing Furnace - Need help on recommendations

Carrier bought Bryant, Day and Night, and Payne many, many years ago and became BDP under the Bryant label. All of those companies go back to the early 1900's and were reputable companies on their own, that is why Carrier bought them up. Think of them as Carrier (Cadillac), Bryant (Oldsmobile)...
  6. Failure2Comply

A/C wiring

One of the wires from the outdoor unit should go to "Y" and the other to "C", which is "common" on your low voltage transformer. Look a the wiring diagram in the outdoor unit and see what factory wire goes to one side of the compressor contactor "common" terminal. That one will be "C" from the...
  7. Failure2Comply

Garage Heater - Natural Gas - Just installed and flames are tiny

The flame is composed of two sections, the outer section and the inner section called the mantle. The mantle should be very well defined and approx. one inch tall. From your pictures it appears that the burners themselves are stopped up hence not all openings along the burner are burning as...
  8. Failure2Comply

I would recommend replacing all at the same time, more cost effective plus the higher efficiency will save on utility dollars. I am a big fan of efficiency while keeping it simple, less to go wrong. Something in the fifteen SEER rating will give you savings without the extra bells and whistles...
  9. Failure2Comply

induction motor not working.

Please post a name brand, model number and serial number of this unit.
  10. Failure2Comply

When considering any variable speed "ECM" motor check the replacement costs before deciding, it just might scare you. Even though you can purchase the module separate from the motor they are still vey expensive. Or at least get a 10 year "Parts" warranty if the unit only comes with the standard...
  11. Failure2Comply

Blue Green stain- From coil?

As mentioned your drain pan is overflowing and that is what is shown on top of your furnace. Since a furnace is a "blow-through" coil a trap is only needed if local codes call for it but it is a good idea to keep vapors from entering the unit during its off cycle. Please retake the picture...
  12. Failure2Comply

induction motor not working.

If you are trying to describe your "Combustion Fan Motor/Inducer Motor" then if the motor has the voltage listed on the motor nameplate feeding it (230v) and it does not run, verify the voltage from the wires to the motor. Unless you are a business you should have 230v, not 210v feeding the...
  13. Failure2Comply

Weil-McLain Ultra 80 series 2 Boiler failed Sunday

Sorry for the issues that you have, Weil McLain makes some great standard boilers. I would NEVER buy any boiler with an aluminum heat exchanger, stainless steel is what I would choose. Those high levels of antifreeze impede your heat transfer and the needed concentrations of propylene glycol...
  14. Failure2Comply

GE Wall units.. no more heat pumps?

I have not dealt with one in a while so not sure.
  15. Failure2Comply

GE Wall units.. no more heat pumps?

GE "Zoneline" PTAC units are in my opinion the finest made. It is tough to beat their quality and warranties.
  16. Failure2Comply

Ideas for anchoring condensor unit

Do you live in an area with sufficient high winds to worry about the unit sitting on the 6" pump-ups? I would be more worried about the shoddy job they did on the pad.
  17. Failure2Comply

installing a furnace type whole house humidifier

Since you primarily heat with wood an evaporative humidifier such as an Aprilaire 600 Bypass humidifier will not work to meet your needs. You need a steam humidifier such as a Honeywell. It will be able to turn on your system fan while it is humidifying regardless of whether your heating system...
  18. Failure2Comply

60,000 vs 80,000 BTU furnace

The correct answer is what the "Heat Load" that they should have run on "YOUR HOUSE" computes the heating and cooling requirements to be. I am in favor of two stage 80+ furnaces, simple, yet efficient. But, you need to make sure it is sized properly so you achieve sufficient stack temperatures...
  19. Failure2Comply

Adding a Common to existing furnace wiring

"R" is HOT from the transformer, "Y" = cooling, W1/W2 = first & second stage heat ( or W2 = auxiliary heat if heat pump), "G" = fan, "O" or "B" (if Rheem/RUUD) = reversing valve, and "Common" most often designated as "C" from other side of transformer. A thermostat is nothing more than an...
  20. Failure2Comply

A/C Condensate funky drain

First listing a manufacture name, model number and serial number to start. The black on the PVC is mold, mist with a mixture of bleach and water AFTER you install a proper "J" trap. I would have an HVAC company chemically treat the coil and flush the drain pan and lines, which should be done...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks