Search results

1. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

Thanks for putting thought into this, wjcandee. I honestly don't know for sure where the grey water goes from the sink, shower, and laundry. I assumed it was the old septic tank. I know that I ran the water for a long period of time, with the lid of the sewer holding tank in the back yard...
  2. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

Thanks for the reply. So really, neither of the lines are really vented at all. Argh. I had gotten a quote from a local plumbing contractor (before coming to this forum) to connect the three latter fixtures to the main line. This information helps me know that I need to make sure that...
  3. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

So, with the understanding that vents and traps are required, I would appreciate any feedback on one of my earlier questions: With this setup, is this even functioning as a vent?
  4. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

All of which I completely understand. Which is why I was asking for feedback from professionals instead of just pretending all I had to do was run a pipe out to the back yard and let everything drain onto the lawn. How would I know if it is a relatively easy job that a DIYer is capable of...
  5. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

All right, here we go... Here are some drawings that hopefully give a better picture. The top flat layer is the floor of the house. The bottom layer is the ground of the crawl space. Basically I've got two different waste systems: 1) the toilet and kitchen sink that go through a 4" line...
  6. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

So what's the correct term, is that a lift station?
  7. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

This was put in when the township put in the sewer system, so I'm assuming it pumps it to the main waste lines?
  8. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

Wow, I was under the assumption that this forum was a bit more DIY-friendly. That response seems a bit harsh. I understand you're not physically at the location, isn't that the point of a discussion forum? I'm aware that the fixtures need traps and vents, in my post I was asking my options...
  9. wetzelja

Waste System Questions

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to proceed with a project and hope I can get some feedback. I'm a DIY who learns mostly by reading forums, so I'm not an experienced plumber, though I have replaced supply and drain lines before. Here's my long story: I've got a small cottage (800 sq ft) in a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks