Search results

1. RobinFL

Loud vibrating noise (water hammering?) at the corner of the house where water enters.

I live in Florida in a single-story home with a residential well for water. Water pipes are run through the concrete slab. We have a water softener outside the house against an exterior wall closest to the well. I was told by Culligan that's where the water runs into the house. Moving forward...
  2. RobinFL

Am I correct in my thinking? It must be a bad pressure gauge, right?

I found something even easier. I have a roll of unused duct tape that's been sitting in my garage for years as it's not something I usually use. It covered all the PVC pipe around my well and now it matches the other gray pipes around my well. Easy peasy
  3. RobinFL

Thanks for your feedback. I'm off to purchase a new pressure gauge which I'll try to insulate during the winter.
  4. RobinFL

Have I properly diagnosed a faulty water pressure gauge? If so, in the plumbing industry, is there a brand that is regarded to be "one of the best" in quality, and if possible, made in the USA? It seems I've had to replace the pressure gauge twice in just over three years which seems, to me, a...
  5. RobinFL

I could use some input on my water softener situation.

I too, am looking forward to dittohead's list. Check this out: As I understand this, if I lived in the city of Tampa, disposing of water softener discharge would be "illegal dumping" if it were not piped to a sanitary sewer system...
  6. RobinFL

Good point. To be more specific I live in Plant city, Florida. One of the reasons I contacted Culligan first is because they have a store very close to me. Another concern of mine is how to dispose of the water softener discharge. The Culligan sales rep advised not to tie it into my septic...
  7. RobinFL

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I live near Tampa. What do you think about the sizing they recommended? With more resin does that just mean more time between recharge cycles? The sales rep didn't go into the different sizes within the high-efficiency model and I noticed the 9 inch/1 ft.³...
  8. RobinFL

Hi, This post is lengthy, but I'm trying to give as much information as I can to give a clear picture of my situation. I have a residential well and had my water tested by the University of Florida with the following results (in parts per million): calcium = 45.5 magnesium = 20.4...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks