Search results

1. Why did I try this?

Mudding to/into tub lip for surround???

Hi, I am having a contractor install my tub and surround. Ok, so he told his mud guy to mud right to/into the lip of the tub, wtf !!? I never heard of such a thing. He did say that they would caulk before and after the surround goes on. With the cement board & lip gap full of mud I don't see...
  2. Why did I try this?

Trimming face of cast iron tub

Hello, I have a Villager cast iron tub going in. My old cast tub had tile up to it, so the "lip" was covered. This tub technically doesn't have a lip but the enamel isn't even either. Anyway, I have a vinyl floor going in with the new tub and am very concerned about having a cheap line of...
  3. Why did I try this?

2 guys for a 1 man job

Hi, I had a zone control valve repair, a couple purge valves put in and one other short pipe splice. One guy showed up and was working quickly and then about 45 min. later another guy came by and has been standing around with his thumb up his a**. The 2nd guy has been here for nearly 2...
  4. Why did I try this?

End switch replacement?

Hi, Can end switches be replaced? I looked around the web but my searches haven't found any replacement switches. Perhaps an electronics supply company...? Thank you
  5. Why did I try this?

Moen Tub/Shower piping size & cartridge replacement...

Hi, My original tub/shower piping is 1/2" i.d. but then goes down to these narrow elbows into a Moen 1016p valve body. Is it standard to have the pipe connect in the valve body instead of o.d. of the valve body? Thank you
  6. Why did I try this?

Tub drain gasket needed?

Hi, I will be reusing the piping for the tub drain. The old tub squished a gasket between the pipe and the bottom of the tub. Is this still needed or can Teflon tape and plumbers putty be used? Also with the overflow there was a Moen gasket that slipped over the flat part of the...
  7. Why did I try this?

Labor cost for tub install + tiling

Hi, Well my DIY bath remodel has turned into a semi professional job :*( I may still do the tile myself. I would like to get some thoughts on what a reasonable price would be to have someone remove and install a new tub that has the wall already removed. So just labor for tub and faucet...
  8. Why did I try this?

Tank fills up...

Hi, My water softener tank fills up more than what goes out. I have no float in the brine tank. I cleaned the screen,jet,ball etc.Put in a new dial that regulates the amount of salt used, but nothing has changed. The water does taste like salt quite strongly after a cycle for awhile. Is it...
  9. Why did I try this?

New drain/trap or keep old....

Hi, If i were to replace a cast tub with a like kind, is it likely I would NOT have to replace the drain/trap? Just set the new tub down on a new gasket? The current setup is all brass, I think. Thank you
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks