Search results

1. daviddido

Pressure Mound septic system questions

ok, thank-you very much for your help.
  2. daviddido

so this IS a labor intensive project. That is what I needed to know. The websites, and what people say in the industry make it seem like it is all so easy, well apparently it is not that easy. Thank-You very much. 1 other question, the person/ company that I pay to perform my soil sample and...
  3. daviddido

I am an automotive technician and understand the labor rate thing, but If asked I can explain what I am doing for what I am charging for, that's all I am asking. I see it as a level hole in the ground a large tractor can dig, not by hand, to put the tank in place, and then a field that cannot be...
  4. daviddido

I am trying to understand this labor estimate, what exactly are they doing that costs so much in labor???
  5. daviddido

Jimbo, It is interesting that 2 laborers without equipment would charge 200 per hour (their boss), but there are excavators out there with equipment that only charge 75-100 per hour using their equipment, skid loader, back-hoe, etc.
  6. daviddido

yes, I did, They gave me estimates. 1000 gal tank= 750, dosing tank= 750, sand 90 tons= 1600 delivered, dosing pump, alarm, and wiring= 750, pvc piping and geofabric= 250 total= 4100, and a total of about 15,000. which makes labor about 11k???
  7. daviddido

I am not saying septic installers or plumbers are not worth what they get, I just want someone to explain to me what I am getting for labor costs of $9000+.
  8. daviddido

Yes I agree I have no issues for paying for the professional opinion of a licensed engineer, but I am in MI and I can purchase a good used front loader for 12K and then do it mostly myself for only 1 project. I am trying to get input on the cost of labor. Even at 100-200 p/ hour it does not take...
  9. daviddido

I will start by apologizing for the basic nature of my questions. I have purchased property in a rural area and it is clay and limestone so a pressure mound system is needed. I have priced most of the parts, septic tank, dosing tank, dosing pump, alarm, sand, pcv lines and/or infiltrator field...
  10. daviddido

Slip fit PVC DWV pipes ?

the pictures at oatey are great but they do not show if anyone leaves space around the drain and trap. This is also true of the toilet?
  11. daviddido

Slip fit PVC DWV pipes ?

When you leave the opening around the shower drain free of cement and you install the actual drain/ screen are you then supposed to pour cement up to the very edge of the drain or do you just install the shower pan over this little bit of exposed drain with no cement right around the pipe?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks