Search results

1. JohnnyBGood

Leaking at base of Cadet3 Flowise

As a follow-up. I did replace the wax ring this weekend. The flange is above the floor level, so I only used 1 ring. When I took off the toilet and old wax, one of the sides of the flange where the closet bolt slots goes in, completely deteriorated.... so I had to use repair kit (the half...
  2. JohnnyBGood

Hi hj, So, once I lift the toilet out, how will I know if the wax seal was the problem or if it may have been something else?
  3. JohnnyBGood

Thanks, will do.
  4. JohnnyBGood

Thank a lot guys for this extra info. I would never have done this: Can you tell me the reason behind this practice? Is it to ensure the lower one doesn't collapse inward and therefore reduce the inner diameter as I had feared in my original post? Also, can you tell me why it is recommended...
  5. JohnnyBGood

Thanks Terry. I will advise how it went...
  6. JohnnyBGood

Ok thanks... I am going to work on it this weekend, hopefully, and let you know how it goes.
  7. JohnnyBGood

Does it matter how much below the floor level the flange is? I don't recall if it was below or not, but I doubt it was much below. The toilet doesn't rock. The flange seemed fastened ok when I installed it. I don't know why after a year I start getting this leaking. Did the wax ring...
  8. JohnnyBGood

I installed a American Standard Cadet3 flowise about a year ago. Recently I noticed water coming out from underneath the front of the toilet base. I tried tightening the bolts a bit and it seemed to stop the leak, but I noticed that it is actually dripping below into my basement, so I shut off...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks