Search results

1. gvladybug

Replacement for baseboard heater

This is for a cabin in Colorado at 8600 ft elevation where we shut the cabin down November - April and have no heat or water. We have gutted our basement bathroom that is 5X7 in size. It had one 4' long baseboard heater with a wall thermostat. As part of the remodeling we have enlarged the...
  2. gvladybug

Cabin bath remodel

We are gutting our basement bathroom in our Colorado cabin and as part of that removing the set-in fiberglass shower. We want to better utilize the space and put a 2'6" x 5' shower in with custom shower pan so we can tile the shower floor. I am looking at shower drains and see all different...
  3. gvladybug

Ikea Talleviken sink in custom cabinet

We are looking at using the Ikea Talleviken sink for the top of a custom built vanity. I am not planning on using the Ikea faucet as I have purchased a DELTA Linden Single Hole Single-Handle Bathroom Faucet in Venetian Bronze. Since I have no cabinet constraints such as drawers to work around...
  4. gvladybug

Fixtures for cabin with no heat

We want to remodel the bathroom in our cabin at 8600 ft elevation in Colorado. In the winter we winterize the plumbing and shut off the heat. We shutoff the water, shut off electricity at the breakers, drain the hot water heater, put RV antifreeze in the traps of the shower, toilet tank/bowl...
  5. gvladybug

Replacing wall furnace

We have a house that my son lives in while attending college, built in 1949, that has a 25000 btu natural gas wall furnace for heating the room above the garage (it's about 400-600 sq ft total). I'm not sure if the heater is original to the age of the house or not. We are not sure the room...
  6. gvladybug

Vacation home hot water heater ?

I have a cabin in southern Colorado at about 8600ft. We use the cabin sporadically during the summer and fall. We are looking to reduce our utility costs. We have a 2012 GE Electric 50 gallon hot water heater. When we shut the cabin down in the winter we will shut off the water at the main...
  7. gvladybug

Rent House toilet

We have a rent house in a college town. Right now our son and a couple of roommates are living there. My son would love it if we replaced his bathroom toilet (circa 1970s) that is upstairs with a ADA height toilet. We are remodeling the main downstairs bathroom as it's a complete disaster...
  8. gvladybug

TOTO Eco Drake 1.28 GPF Elongated Two Piece Toilet

We recently moved. Our previous house we installed two TOTO: Drake II Two Piece High Efficiency Toilet (HET) CEFIONTECT - CST454CEFG toilets. We had one other toilet from another maker that I hated, loud, handle hard to push down, and supposedly would suck anything down - only good thing was it...
  9. gvladybug

Toto Upton Showerhead vs 10" Square Rain Showerhead

I'm looking for a reasonably priced rain shower head. I have the Brizo Vesi shower with diverter which are yet to be installed. I don't think that we will heavily use the rain shower but I do want one as it's easier to install it now rather than later down the road. I have been looking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks