Search results

1. cpowers

Water Heater Efficiency Advice

Thank you for your thoughts guys. I am leaning to the hybrid, just a lot faster payback period. Leaves a little freedom in the gas line for a future fireplace too. If i get this going i will post my experiences. Thanks! Chris
  2. cpowers

Water Heater Efficiency Advice

Hi Love-ers. I have recently gotten on about reducing our electric bill and one of the most obvious spots is the water heater. We are a family of four, and I would not say we are 'efficient' users of hot water. We live in northern Indiana and have access to natural gas etc. Our current setup is...
  3. cpowers

New house kitchen drain

Jadziedzic, thank you. The inspection did not mention the trap, but did mention the high loop. I was not overly concerned as many dishwashers have their own loops in, or I could fix easily. Hj, The home is 2006, but some remodeling has been done. I suspect the home owner allowed the countertop...
  4. cpowers

New house kitchen drain

Just bought a new home and we are getting some intermittent rotten egg smell. Hard to catch at the right time but I am fairly confident it is from the sink. It appears to me that the disposal and drain is totally missing a trap. I plan on putting one in, but wanted to check with the pro's to be...
  5. cpowers

Adding to Vent Pipe

Would i be better served, by leaving the current 'vent stack' and replumbing the upstairs restroom and washing machine with it's own waste line? Thanks! Chris
  6. cpowers

Adding to Vent Pipe

no, that is just my lazy drain modeling skills
  7. cpowers

Adding to Vent Pipe

I put the AAVs in to allow venting, because they basically weren't, just the two sinks, the distance from the tub and dishwasher is very small.
  8. cpowers

Adding to Vent Pipe

Attached is a somewhat simplified diagram of my dvw system. This is a 100+ year old house, with some pretty hacked up plumbing. The downstairs 2 sinks i added AIV's to several years ago, to help with good flow. Currently everything drains and works perfect. Last year i replaced 2 old toilets...
  9. cpowers

Americast Mortar Bed

Thank you, nice to have confirmation, I firmly believe in only doing things once (very lazy). Hopefully you believe that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, ha! Chris
  10. cpowers

Americast Mortar Bed

Having looked all over the internet and this forum I have found alot of conflicting information, or info that does not apply to my situation. I will post what I plan on doing, if anyone would be kind enough to confirm for deny my methodology. The tub states that it does not require a mortar...
  11. cpowers

Vibration and knocking / shaking from submersible well pump system

I went from a a 20 gal to 44. Tried to get info from original installer, but no luck.
  12. cpowers

Sorry about the delay, i actually replaced everything on 11/2/13. I did not get the csv due to time constraints. i did upgrade to a 44 gallon tank. I was unable to reuse any old parts except the gauge, all was frozen together and or wrong size. The stand pipe for the pressure switch was clean. I...
  13. cpowers

water flowing sound is inside of bladder tank. tank is solid sounding water logged and schrader valves sprays water at me. i added several gallons of air to get by until i get parts. Chris
  14. cpowers

Well, (cough cough), there you go. Ounce of prevention. I neglected to make any adjustments and now i have what i am sure is a holey bladder. My pump has been cycling very frequently in the last week, and when i went to listen to the tank etc the pump is able to 'fill' the tank from 30 to 70 psi...
  15. cpowers

Moen 1200b cartridge stiff

Had a Moen solara faucet for several years, i have replaced the cartidge before and it was a plastic one 1225 i believe. After about 3 or 4 years it started leaking so i called moen and they sent me a 1200b. all seem to install fine, but things are not like before. The handle is very tight...
  16. cpowers

Is there a way to remedy this without pulling the pump? I hate to cause more damage especially with my level of experience. also spending $500 or more would be less than optimal. Thanks! Chris
  17. cpowers

Ok, First time post. I have looked for answers elsewhere but i think my inexperience has hampered my finding any solutions. I have a 7-10 year old 240 ft deep well here in northern indiana. i have no water problems (other than calcium/iron) plenty of supply and good pressure. Alas, since i have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks