Search results

1. roflwaffle

Grey sealant/glue used on Washer drain hose?

Hi, the hose connecting the tub to the water pump on my wash (LG WT1501CW) recently fell victim to a rat. I removed the old hose and noticed LG used some sort of grey sealant or glue in addition to the clamps. Does anyone know what kind of sealant/adhesive LG, and presumably other...
  2. roflwaffle

Front end threaded spout?

I'm looking to replace my tub spout, which is threaded. The strange thing is that when I unscrewed it, the PVC line to the wall came out as well. I'm guessing the end going into the spout was just tighter than the male end that goes into the wall/water pipe. But that could be wrong, and I'd...
  3. roflwaffle

Problem with draining dishwasher

Hi, the dishwasher at my grandparents house has trouble draining all of the water from a cycle. I checked the dishwasher lines/air gap as well as the p-trap, and everything looks good. When I ran it through a cycle, the only problem I noticed was that the water wasn't draining fast enough in the...
  4. roflwaffle

Question about a gate valve

In my infinite wisdom, I managed to strip a gate valve at my mom's house. It's stuck almost completely closed and the cold water is just a trickle. I'd rather not sweat a new valve right now because it's very tight and it's also part of a set of maybe six gate valves/four circuits that I'd like...
  5. roflwaffle

Question about older Delta 1300/1400 cartridge

Hello, I recently replaced this cartridge with a RP19804, which works fine, but it bugs me that I couldn't find replacement washers for the back end of the old cartridge that fit's into the hot/cold passageways in the wall. I first replaced the seats/springs inside the original cartridge, and...
  6. roflwaffle

Questions about finding/diagnosing a leak

My mom's new (to her) home is located on a plot of land where everyone has an easement for all the usual things. Her water meter is on a public road with a ~600ft run of 1.5" PVC for the supply line. Recently a patched section through an easement in one of our neighbors went out, and after a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks