Search results

1. Plan9

Skid Marks on new toilet. Can anything be done about this?!

Got it, thanks. I tried like crazy to raise the water level. I wanted to raise it so where it fills the inside of the overflow tube to the very top.... just above the level of water in the tank, as suggested here. But the water always stops at the very top of the overflow tube, going no higher...
  2. Plan9

So I pour about 4 gallons of water slowly in the bowl, and the level seemed to rise by maybe 1cm or so, but I'm not even sure it did! It does appear to have a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve (it is for all intents and purposes, the same Cadet Pro in your photo). There is some water that always...
  3. Plan9

Well, that's not difficult, so I'll give that a try, thanks. But ideally, I would like to get more water in the bowl, it looks anemic to what I'm used to. Any ways to hack the fill tube by lengthening it somehow, thus getting more water in the tank, and hence, the bowl? The only thing I found...
  4. Plan9

So I got one of these new 1.28 gpf low-flush toilets; an American Standard "Cadet 3 FloWise standard height elongated (10" rough-in)". My previous one was a nice big 13L Crane toilet. Ok, the Crane would on a rare occasion, leave unsightly 'skid marks' on the sides of the bowl. But this Cadet is...
  5. Plan9

Hairline crazing on toilet glaze - is it serious?

Thanks for the replies. The toilet was re-seated by professional contractors, who also redid the floors and rest of the bathroom. The initial problem was the bolts had rusted and loosened the fixture. Since the bathroom redo, I also put caulking around most of the perimeter of the toilet, and...
  6. Plan9

I'm looking for reason to avoid getting a new toilet actually, because I like my toilet a lot. But if there's a danger it will break when I'm not there and cause water damage, then of course I will need to replace it. I can say that hairline was not there at the time of manufacture. I'm not...
  7. Plan9

Thanks. I'm still not sure if I have surface crazing or a fracture that could be more serious - so I've uploaded a pic of the base, perhaps you can tell me? All I know is that its been there for years, and I've not seen any defects elsewhere on the toilet...
  8. Plan9

I noticed a what I thought was a "hairline crack" on the front of my toilet base... but I think its more appropriately called "crazing" on the glaze (the toilet's about 30 years, small wonder - but is otherwise in good condition). There is nothing on the tank or inside the bowl. I'd like to know...
  9. Plan9

How to fix leaking widespread faucet t-connector?

Well, I figured the only way to get the t-connector to align to where I can fit the hoses is to change the washer to something thicker or thinner. Then hope that when properly tightened, I will be able to get the connector at a workable angle. The original seal (rubber washer) was there, but not...
  10. Plan9

ok, so how would I go about tightening the t-connector further? like i say, the hose is hitting the sink.
  11. Plan9

I guess I didn't make this clear enough. When I say its "hitting the sink", I mean I can not turn the brass t-connector any tighter, because one of the hoses connected to it is blocking it from turning, as the hose is blocked by the sink. I was hoping it does not have to be extremely tight...
  12. Plan9

I just installed a Kohler "Fairfax" widespread faucet for my bathroom sink, and I'm getting slow leaks. At least one source of the leak is the brass t-connector that joins the hot and cold hoses. I'm not surprised, as I only hand tightened it. I was not able to tighten it with a wrench, because...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks