Search results

1. batman71

Fleck 5600 Setup/Installation Questions

Thanks again for your input.... I did some calculations for annual salt usage at various salt dosage levels and discovered that the difference betwen 6 lbs. and 10 lbs. is about $10 per year. So, salt efficiency doesn't seem to be something I will concern myself with. I'll just set the...
  2. batman71

Thanks flynmosse and dittohead.... I followed everything yo said. I am leaning towards a 6 lb. dose and I know how to change the setting on the valve. However, should I be changing the injector size or any other components? You used a couple of acronyms that I am not familiar with...BLFC and...
  3. batman71

For the past two years, we lived in a small house that I own while we built a new home. The softener was in the old house and since it will now be used as an office, I really don't feel a need to soften the water there. So, I just moved the softener from the old to the new house. The softener...
  4. batman71

Yes, I mean the "people wheel. At the end of the scale shown on that wheel, it shows capacity as 18K. I have seen pictures of other Fleck valves that also show the capacity (e.g. 24K)."
  5. batman71

1) I have a Fleck 5600 Econominder on a resin tank with .75 cubic ft. of resin. Based on everything I've seen, that amount of resin would have a capacity of about 24,000 grains. However, the cog wheel with the hardness numbers indicates the capacity is 18,000 grains. Should I a assume 24,000 and...
  6. batman71

Draining a Water Softener

Well, I just got done draining the resin tank using one of the above prescribed methods. I have an old (30+ years) Shop Vac with the capability of moving the hose to the outlet side. Try to find one on the market today that has that....not sure why they did away with that feature. But, I...
  7. batman71

I thank you guys for the pointers!
  8. batman71

I need to move a softener to another house and want it as light as possible. Is it OK to drain the water by merely laying the softener on it's side? I assume that the resin would just settle back to where it needs to be after I set it upright again?? If above is not OK, what is the simplest...
  9. batman71

Fleck 5600/Foregin Pieces in Cylinder

No, I did not mean the resin tank when I used the term "cylinder". I was referring to the housing that the piston assembly fits into. At the bottom, underneath the piston assembly, is where I found these pieces. The valve is working fine now... I think I just answered my own question... A...
  10. batman71

Fleck 5600/Foregin Pieces in Cylinder

My Fleck 5600 recently started jamming so I replaced the pistons, seals and spacers. The old ones were not in terrible condition. However, at the bottom of the cylinder I found three plastic pieces (photo below). I suspect that this was the culprit. What I am wondering is where these came from??
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks