Search results

1. ktthomas

Little iron still in water after brand new Softener installed

If you are going to do the math on the salt tank then for accuracy sake i should tell you the tank is obviously tapered and the bottom is actually smaller at 12" x 14" and I measure the water line at 21". Even using your displacement value and the new measurement, I still only come up with 14"...
  2. ktthomas

My valve is the Fleck 5600 SXT. Salt tank measures 14" x 16" X 32" tall The white tape mark on the salt tank shows my water line after regen this morn. It ran for 8 minutes before almost overflowing (and being shut off by the float) at .5 gpm. So it can handle 12 lbs of salt but that would...
  3. ktthomas

I think its going to be even less than that since my capactiy looks like it is now limited by the salt dose of 12lbs per regen or 8lbs/ft. On a 1.5 cu ft. system that only gives me 36k capacity. 36000/40gpg (hardness) = 900 gal total or 700 with 200 reserve. I guess my question now is will the...
  4. ktthomas

Well I think I discovered the problem but 1st let me answer your questions; The unit is refilling at .5 gpm. After regen i get 1200 gal. The capacity is set to 48,000. I've been using about 2 bags a month. So I decided to run some iron out again and watch the regen process closely...
  5. ktthomas

Thanks for all the comments. I guess I was thinking I had more of an issue with some settings on the softener rather than iron already accumulating in the resin, since the softener was less than a year old. i can't say for certain that it ever took all the iron out from day one. Keith
  6. ktthomas

I have used regular iron out once about 4-5 months ago. Diluted about 1/4 cup in a gallon of water and poured it in the salt tank and regenerated. Maybe I should be doing that more frequently ? Keith
  7. ktthomas

First some basic background of my situation; I had my house re-plumbed in Oct of 2011 with all new PEX plumbing, water fixtures, toilets, tubs, water sofetner, hot water heater, etc. The only thing I did not replace was the pressure tank because it looked like it had recently been replaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks