Search results

1. BowlBreaker

Water Pressure Question/Problem?

Have you tried putting flow restrictors in all faucets in your house? If all lav faucets are giving you a flow rate of 8gpm then thats way too much water at each sink. Restrict each faucet in your house with aerators that are rated @ 2.2-2.5gpm @80psi.You don't need more water than that. What...
  2. BowlBreaker

Shower valve question with PICS!

chet if you can access thid body tjru the back wall and you plan to get rid of the last of the galv pipe, then go thru the back and change it all out. usually the replacement parts needed to fix a 2-v sb if your changing trim also cost more than a new valve. it looks from you pict that this is a...
  3. BowlBreaker

piping for shower help please

umm maybe kohlers PBV only flows 4gpm and on top of that the shower head is restricted by law to 2.75 and then as the press balanced valve is mixing cold with hot to get to 100 degree temp that most male humans like to shower at all equal longer delay for HW to reach shower. that is if tub...
  4. BowlBreaker

Water Pressure Question/Problem?

first thing I would do is throw that Watts piece of crap into the garbage! Everything that watts makes is crap! Go out and buy a Cash Acme reducing valve and make sure it is of all bronze construction! No IRON! I didn't look up the the specs of your existing one but I'll bet it's iron bodied...
  5. BowlBreaker

Duel trap required

why do you have to use a cross wye? wht not screw a spigot x fem adapter onto your comp adapt which should be 1-1/2" male after you unscrew the slip nut. and then use a regular wye, 45 offa the straight end and position the garbage disposer outlet at corresponding angle to make it all straight...
  6. BowlBreaker

Allergic to Lead??

I'm am new here and came across this forum because I do business with Terry and have found some interesting posts that I wanted to add my experience and .02, but it seems to me that alot of problems posted here are easily solved by not changing what is not broke and replacing your 30 40 maybe...
  7. BowlBreaker

Toto CST754SF 12" Rough-in

I find most often that all problems with ballcocks that toto uses is dirt related. before hooking up waterline most people forget to flush a few gallons out of it. if you take apart top of ballcock and flush out top and reverse the rubber washer it should take care of any noises you are...
  8. BowlBreaker

Floor mount/wall discharge toilet?

Joerg, I just measured internal dia of the 001422 and it is 4-1/8". I'm wondering tho if you can reduce the size down to 3" and still have this baby flush. I will check with factory tomm to see if it can be reduced down to 3" and still flush properly. and repost here whether it can or not. also...
  9. BowlBreaker

bowel water level falls

here's what I would do now that all possible avenues of checking if a stoppage exists has failed. Disconect bowl from wall. Go out to your local supermarket and take a stroll down the baking isle. Find yourself a bottle of that good 'ol Red #5 food coloring. go home fill up bowl with water to...
  10. BowlBreaker

Low Bowl Water Level

you really dont need to be an animal to do it! But in regards to what I stated earlier, the hardest part to push your auger through is over the WEIR especialy if using a drop-head auger and breaking the littlest part of this off or cracking this area Will effect the water level in the bowl once...
  11. BowlBreaker

Low Bowl Water Level

How about while using the auger in this bowl it damaged the trapway and it does not hold water like it originaly did? thus the smaller waterspot. I've seen people put an Auger right thru the side of a bowl!
  12. BowlBreaker

leak/landlord issues

If as you say you dont have the $$ to fix this problem, which in my oppinion wouldn't be more then a 10$ repair or you feel you will be retaliated upon if you pester these people to fix it right then all you can do is live w/ this problem or move! as was stated earlier all that is needed is the...
  13. BowlBreaker

Connecting brass closet flange to mangled lead soil pipe? Help!

JCH looking closer at your pictures it looks to me that whoever did the repair on this before used what is called a "tophat" which is nothing more than a 3-1/2" dia. piece of lead with a 2" wide brim stamped on top. kinda like what Abe Lincolns top hat looked like upside down! These are used by...
  14. BowlBreaker

Connecting brass closet flange to mangled lead soil pipe? Help!

Stop Everything! I wouldn't do any thing that was described above!!! Dont Touch the CI soil pipe at all!!! Right where the 4" lead is wiped to the brass Ferrule cut off lead with a sawzall, leaving existing brass ferrule caulked into soil pipe. Then go out and buy what I call a "lead stub" which...
  15. BowlBreaker

Floor mount/wall discharge toilet?

Duravit is your best choice for a floor mounted rear outlet tank and bowl. Check out their Happy D, model # D14023. Toilet comes as floor outlet but they offer a "vario kit" which makes it wall outlet. I don't know what you mean by expensive but this one lists for 695 + 85 for vario kit. It is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks