Search results

1. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

Alright, you guys are selling me on this. Will I at least save any money on hardware up-front if I go with the Toto? And do any retail stores sell them, or will I have to either A) order from a plumber or B) order online? The reason I was considering the builder's special was that the...
  2. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

:( No rebate offers for us (though our neighbors in Fort Worth have a sweet deal!) The best deal I can find is a local plumber offering $20 off, but I'm assuming they'll mark the thing up more than $20 over what I could find online. Online, the cheapest I see for either of those is $209. Is...
  3. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

I completely understand what you're saying about the toilet. I do. But my budget is TIGHT after this plumbing work. The $100 AquaSource at Lowes is already a substantial upgrade from what was in place. Do you have any recommendations under $200? As for the energy. I had my quarterly...
  4. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

Mismatched paint (some flat, some textured, some faux finish), nasty 20-year old laminate sheet floor? Now's the time to change that! The new yellow. Didn't look so... yellow when we picked it up, but I'm hoping the darker laminate tile and a dark-ish shower curtain will help tone it...
  5. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

So the plumber gave me a quote to move the drain AND inlet (and in doing so also update the valve and change spiral hose to braided) which was within what I was hoping for AFTER I did some of the labor. So they did the jackhammering and plumbing. So then I had a patch of wet concrete, a...
  6. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

Plumber is coming first thing Wednesday morning to take a look at the situation. Will update as soon as he gives his opinion.
  7. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

It goes down 12-18" (I think closer to 12, but it's hard to tell looking down through the gap between the drain and the offset flange) then turns directly toward the back right corner. I'm assuming it's heading toward the kitchen then down to the street. We live on the corner and that...
  8. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

Haha! Yeah, I spent my summers growing up in a small town in western Nebraska. Not only did you learn how to fix stuff, you learned how to do it with whatever scraps you could find. There was a five-and-dime in town, but anything more specific than that was 19 miles away. I admit I have...
  9. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

wjcandee, You are correct that the tank sits against the wall with the supply line. And the old (child-sized) toilet sat AGAINST the wall (the reason the rest of the wall is painted is because you literally could not touch the white part with a brush). Jim, I want to actually fix the problem...
  10. Rick Routh

<8" Rough-in!?

Needed to replace my toilet because the bolts that hold the tank to the bowl were corroded (cheap toilet and really hard water). However, when I measured the rough-in it was exactly 9". Knowing this was off, I decided to pull the toilet before I went to purchase a new one. Once I did, I found...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks