Search results

1. latenight

Hot Water only coming from downstairs bathroom sink

So, it is not necessarily the shower piece that the building management suggested is the issue? I should really check all water fixtures and just replace cartridges. The shutoffs for individual sinks/toilets is easily accessible beneath the fixtures... just the shower that has no clear shutoff.
  2. latenight

Removing Washing Machine Outlet Box

Hello all. I am just following up on this post. I ended up cutting out the wood paneling for an access square below the washer line - that part actually worked out easily where I can more or less put the wood square back in there. HOWEVER, after that work, I was completely unable to remove the...
  3. latenight

Hot Water only coming from downstairs bathroom sink

Hey everybody! I am writing about a split-level condo in a 50 unit building. The issue I am having is a downstairs bathroom with separate cold/hot handles only putting out hot water regardless of what handle is on/off. There has been no plumbing work done in this apartment for a while. When...
  4. latenight

Thanks for all of the replies! So there does not seem to be an easy way to remove the box as I had hoped. AND unfortunately it is not drywall, so not a simple fix to just cut out below the box... So I decided to try to remove the handle, etc and repack and see what happens. I could NOT remove...
  5. latenight

Thank you for your response. Here are some more pictures from farther back. Let me know if any other pictures would help.
  6. latenight

Hello all! I am repairing a leaking water supply valve for a washing machine. I first tried tightening the nut to no avail, and then repacked the nut with packing (a rope like substance). It is far better - as in no longer squirting out water, but still allows a slight drip which slowly...
  7. latenight

Broken Flange bolt. Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for the response Jim! I read that you are "not a pro", but I do appreciate you passing on the things you have learned in your own experiences! I cleaned up the area around the bolts best I could, but they seem to be in just a regular bolt hole with no way to slide them out... (I couldnt...
  8. latenight

Broken Flange bolt. Not sure how to proceed.

Hello all! This is my first post on this site, thanks in advance for all help provided. I am very new when it comes to toilet removal, so I hope my pictures clear up my confusion on part names! My toilet was rocking recently, so I found online that I should tighten the two bolts that secure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks