Search results

1. Steve Dragger

In need of SERIOUS HELP! C'mon Guru's share your wisdom - Open loop Geo tale of woe.

Update: So the tests are in, there was drawdown on the first well when pumping the second but it only dropped 1ft total. (so my assumption is that 6gpm from well 2 "lowered the table"?) so in theory both wells can go 6gpm with a lowered static? I think at this point I'll look at dumping...
  2. Steve Dragger

In need of SERIOUS HELP! C'mon Guru's share your wisdom - Open loop Geo tale of woe.

I may have to go this route, depending on what the flow tests tell me (they FINALLY called and said they're doing tests and measuring drop down on the other well tomorrow) so that will tell me a lot, I may have 12 or more, or less depending. My only concern with this setup is that this summer I...
  3. Steve Dragger

The house is 5900Sqft with tons of windows, and skylights. I have heat strips installed on both units, and 3 fireplaces so heating isn't as big an issue as the cooling is. (and/or the issues of running pumps/wells/system dry etc..) Unfortunatley I have a lung condition so 90+ days can cause me...
  4. Steve Dragger

This is interesting but I'm not sure how it would work for me,...If I was runing geothermal constantly (say summer deep winter) I would still be "Drawing 13GPM" for an extended period of time and that's before a shower/dishwasher etc... If I had a 3rd well I think it would work (two wells...
  5. Steve Dragger

OK,.. I just had a second well drilled on the reccomendation of the local well companies (go figure). 2nd well is 30ft west of the 1st well and it only provides 6gpm. Sooooo.... Now I'm in a good pickle. Wells cost about $5K each. I have 2 wells delivering 6 GPM each, One is used for my "house...
  6. Steve Dragger

:confused: I just purchased a new home (it was a bank owned so it's about 200% more house than I would normally afford) It has 2 Geothermal units (5 ton and 3 ton) Best I can tell the 3 ton cools the lower level (so almost never needed) and the 5 ton cools the rest of the house. Open loop...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks