Search results

1. pex006

Are dampers required at each ceiling diffuser?

Are dampers like butterfly dampers code required at each ceiling supply cover?
  2. pex006

555 FlexFix UL Listed Tape sealing the joints on my rigid aluminum dryer ducting

Hi. I have the 555 FlexFix UL Listed Tape sealing the joints on my rigid aluminum dryer ducting. Is this an acceptable use for the 555 FlexFix tape or is it only for flexible ducting? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nashua-Tape-1-7-8-in-x-120-3-yd-555-FlexFix-UL-Listed-Tape-1207803/100575721
  3. pex006

Siga Rissan tape over caulk?

Hi. I am sealing up some boards inside my basement and was wondering if it is bad to put sealing tape like Siga Rissan over caulk?
  4. pex006

15 minute thermal barrier at top of 2 inch xps foam boards.

Hi. I was trying to put a 15 minute thermal barrrier over the top of these foam insulation panels. The front face of the boards are already covered with a thermal barrier, so all I have left to do is the top edges that face the ceiling. I took some 3/4" clear pine and went over the top and...
  5. pex006

Cantilever insulation/sealing?

Hi. I have a cantilever that extends over my back wall about 12 inches. The rim joist is the outer part of this cantilever. The rimjoist has foamboard on the outside then vinyl siding over that foamboard. The soffit under the cantilever is 2 by wood with seams sealed with caulk and vinyl...
  6. pex006

Heavy ceiling light installation

Hi. I have this ceiling light and the instructions don't have it hooked to an electrical box. It is very heavy so it is fastened to the house framing. They want the installer to make a turn after the lamp cable (It is a 3 wire cable that has a green ground. Not the usual lamp cord) enters...
  7. pex006

Two 12-4 Romex cables through the same floor joist holes

Hi. Can two 12-4 Romex cables be put through the same floor joist holes. The holes have about a 1 inch in diameter? They would run together through three floor joist holes for about 6 feet before separating and entering a junction box. I thought derating wouldn't apply since there are only...
  8. pex006

Junction box at wall and ceiling fixture

Hi. I need to bring some wires together at a wall light and ceiling light that is under and interior window soffit(so a ceiling fan would never be able to be put there and a fan support box would never be required). Can I use either of these boxes to mount the fixture for a higher wire...
  9. pex006

12/4 to run constant and switched receptacles in 2 gang boxes

Hi could I use 12-4 to have one constant hot duplex receptacle and one split switched receptacle controlled by 2 switches in the same 2 gang box? Any problems with doing this?
  10. pex006

Box fill for Cantex EZ14SO

Hi. I was wondering if you could tell me if the 14 cubic inch allowance for the EZ14SO box is calculated to already include 1 volume for the cable clamps or do I need to add 1 volume for the cable clamps. I am trying use it to with a 12/3 plus ground and a duplex receptacle. That adds up to...
  11. pex006

Thermal Barrier at top of XPS wall.

Hi I have 2 inch thick XPS panels on my basement wall. The faces are covered with a thermal barrier, but the the 2 inch thick top that is facing the floor joists is exposed. Does this have to covered with a thermal barrier and if so, how is it usually addressed?
  12. pex006

Wagobox to splice (2) 12/2 with ground cables

Hi need to splice (2) 12/2 with ground cables. I have used the Wago connectors and saw this WagoBox that is designed to work with them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is illegal to use here in the USA since it only has a BS EN60670-22 Compliant Lising and is not UL listed. It...
  13. pex006

Junction box in attic mounted on truss support

Is it ok to mount a junction box to a roof truss support. They are 2x4 in size. The access to the attic is through a hole in my hallway that I have to get a ladder to go up through it. The junction box will be 10 feet from the access hole.
  14. pex006

Slight twist in 2/12 NM-B

Hi. While looking around at the other wiring in my house after finding a cable in my return air duct. I found this yellow section of 2/12 NM-B. It is all stapled very flat and looks to run pretty well except when they made a turn through a hole to cross between two joists a section has a slight...
  15. pex006

2 12/2 NM cables in one hole through top plate into attic cellulose

Hi I have recently found a 12/2 cable running in my return air duct that is just connected with wire caps and not in a box. Someone who remodeled the house moved the receptacle a foot to the left and just wire nutted the wires that used to go into the old recptacle and pushed them back into the...
  16. pex006

XPS basement insulation and foundation sill plate

Will using 2 inch XPS foam insulation on the inside wall of a walkout basement rot out the foundation sill plate if the sill plate dosen't have a foam gasket under it? My sill plate has yellow fiberglass under it instead of foam.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks