Search results

1. pex006

Are dampers required at each ceiling diffuser?

Are dampers like butterfly dampers code required at each ceiling supply cover?
  2. pex006

555 FlexFix UL Listed Tape sealing the joints on my rigid aluminum dryer ducting

Hi. I have the 555 FlexFix UL Listed Tape sealing the joints on my rigid aluminum dryer ducting. Is this an acceptable use for the 555 FlexFix tape or is it only for flexible ducting? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nashua-Tape-1-7-8-in-x-120-3-yd-555-FlexFix-UL-Listed-Tape-1207803/100575721
  3. pex006

Siga Rissan tape over caulk?

Hi. I am sealing up some boards inside my basement and was wondering if it is bad to put sealing tape like Siga Rissan over caulk?
  4. pex006

15 minute thermal barrier at top of 2 inch xps foam boards.

Thanks for the help Dana. Should it be firecaulk like Abesco or will any acrylic latex caulk be ok. http://usabesco.com/products/cp310-fr-acrylic-intumescent-caulk
  5. pex006

15 minute thermal barrier at top of 2 inch xps foam boards.

Hi. I was trying to put a 15 minute thermal barrrier over the top of these foam insulation panels. The front face of the boards are already covered with a thermal barrier, so all I have left to do is the top edges that face the ceiling. I took some 3/4" clear pine and went over the top and...
  6. pex006

Cantilever insulation/sealing?

Thanks for all your help Dana. And for confirming that I was overthinking this. I was starting to think that as well.
  7. pex006

One more question. I have sealed the 2 inch wide tops of the panels with Siga Rissan airsealing tape. Now if I put 3/4 wood boards over that Siga Rissan as the thermal barrier should I seal over those boards again with more Siga Rissan or would that trap moisture between the two layers of Siga...
  8. pex006

Ok thanks Dana.
  9. pex006

How about the 2 inches of exposed foam at the tops. Is this a big offgassing area and fire hazard. Right now It looks like the picture below, but is totally covered with Siga Rissan Green sealing tape. . I have some 3 inch wide EDPM sill plate gaskets from Conservation Technology that I...
  10. pex006

Thanks Dana. The Foam actually has 1/2" OSB laminated to the front and then !/4" paneling over that. The seams and top are taped with Siga Rissan tape. Could I put the drywall over the Rissan tape or L over the whole top with 3/4 " boards for the thermal barrier at the top?
  11. pex006

Geez.. Thanks for the info Dana. I have about 50 feet of wall covered by XPS foamboards. Is it recommended to remove XPS foamboard and replace with something else. How toxic is the XPS to the people living in the house?
  12. pex006

Thanks again Dana. Does the foam insulation on the outside of the rim/Band board make any differance? I thought I saw on the net (Building science site or somewhere) that if you had foam on the outside you just had to caulk. Has that way of sealing been dismissed? If so, then if I do dense...
  13. pex006

Thanks for the reply Dana. This is a walkout basement. The 12 inch cantilever is over the walkout. It used to just have fiberglass insulation just balled up and shoved in the spaces between the floor joists. I removed all the fiberglass and was wondering if I just need to seal any gaps in...
  14. pex006

Anyone?
  15. pex006

Hi. I have a cantilever that extends over my back wall about 12 inches. The rim joist is the outer part of this cantilever. The rimjoist has foamboard on the outside then vinyl siding over that foamboard. The soffit under the cantilever is 2 by wood with seams sealed with caulk and vinyl...
  16. pex006

Heavy ceiling light installation

Yes I have the table, but no bar. Not enough room for a bar. I have one more question if anyone can help. The light is independently supported by the house framing not the box, so I used a 4-11/16 box to have more room for the wires. I just wanted to ask if it matters how far past the edge...
  17. pex006

Thanks for the reply. That's a good point you make. I just thought I might have to get some special grommet to take the light cable through the cover of the junction box. I am just used to supporting the fixture with the junction box so I wanted to make sure how this was usually handled...
  18. pex006

Hi. I have this ceiling light and the instructions don't have it hooked to an electrical box. It is very heavy so it is fastened to the house framing. They want the installer to make a turn after the lamp cable (It is a 3 wire cable that has a green ground. Not the usual lamp cord) enters...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks