Search results

1. Hackneyplumbing

New Moen shower valve won't shut fully off

What Terry said for sure. You could remove the cartridge and flush the lines out/wash the cartridge off and try it again. If the cartridge is damaged you will need to replace the cartridge. Goodluck!
  2. Hackneyplumbing

Cast iron toilet flange replacement

The cast Iron flanges that I install with lead and oakum slip over cast iron pipe.Iif this is the case with yours then I would remove the existing flange with a hammer by breaking the flange portion off and using a cold chisel to split the flange in two places. The flange would then fall off the...
  3. Hackneyplumbing

How to clean years of accumulated gunk from kitchen sink piping

You could always get the line jetted by a pro.
  4. Hackneyplumbing

Water leaking on bottom of faucet when turned on

Remove the cold handle of the faucet. Now put the handle back on and turn the cold water on. While the cold water is running into the lavatory lift the handle off of the stem and inspect for leaks. If you find leaks then repair them.
  5. Hackneyplumbing

Which wax ring do you prefer?

I made those by cutting the bottom off a regular pvc flange. AHHH the days. I'd like to break out of plumbing. LOL I like to replace the flange when the guy paying will let me is what I should have said. Thats the truth.
  6. Hackneyplumbing

Shower drain gasket is too large for 2" drain pipe, what to do?

You need an Oatey 101 series Model number 42050. Verify with oatey tech support that it caulks to the brass drain with a rubber grommet/bushing and caulk ring.
  7. Hackneyplumbing

I stay busy here correcting mistakes. With two wax rings when the sewer clogs your almost assured a leak. I cut them out and install a new one almost on every new toilet install. They are usually bowed from the pressure of the bolts pulling up on the flange or broke anyway. if your going to...
  8. Hackneyplumbing

Now what?

What dropped?
  9. Hackneyplumbing

For floor mounted toilets I use a waxseal without the plastic handyman horn. IMO the horn only is there to restric flow and to allow splashing. The bottom of the flange should be sitting on the top of the finished floor. I only use one waxseal and with a correct flange height thats all that is...
  10. Hackneyplumbing

Water pressure high? Need PRV.

Most codes require the expansion tank or some form of thermal expansion control. Yes the bypass would work to relieve the pressure.
  11. Hackneyplumbing

Tee into existing stack-retrofit

Can you post a few pics of your situation?
  12. Hackneyplumbing

Expansion tank 1 or 2

Well technically the CONNECTION for the tank would need to go between the tank type water heater and the shut off valve. The physical location of the tank does not matter it just needs to be on the cold side and no stops or checks between the water heater and the expansion tank. Since we are...
  13. Hackneyplumbing

Water heater diagnosis help

Tanks can leak anywhere. Even the top.
  14. Hackneyplumbing

I would pick up everything I didn't want to get wet and watch it over a few days to a few weeks. Especially after it rains hard. In Florida you probably will not hafta wait long for a hard rain. :) Dont be surprised if its leaking.
  15. Hackneyplumbing

Once it gets soaked it would take a while to dry. Thats right it will find a weak spot in the system and it will fail. Washing machine hoses or faucet/toilet supply lines are a common point of failure. It will tax the entire potable system..
  16. Hackneyplumbing

Has it rained hard lately? Could be a leak coming down the flue. I have found that before.
  17. Hackneyplumbing

Globe Valve repair or replacement

I would leave the valve alone and use the main outside and then repair the toilet valve. The valve your considering working on is not required. or get your tools out and be prepared to replace it or remove it....IF things go south.
  18. Hackneyplumbing

If you found water in the burn chamber then I doubt the T&P valve is to blame unless its leaking where it screws into the tank.
  19. Hackneyplumbing

I hate TOTO!

Toto side mount tank levers suck. Simple as that. I like Toto but they have problems too. If a person does not want to admit that then I would question everything they say. IMO thats the truth and my experience. I have 3 Totos in my home and install them professionally.
  20. Hackneyplumbing

My personal water heater leaked for 2 years a little bit on and off before it failed completely. The tanks are steel and contain alot of sediment. If a very small leak accurs in the tank the sediment and rust and "heal" the leak. This can continue in different places of the tank until it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks