Search results

1. donhall

Toilet tank leak - no apparent signs.

[QUOTE=wjcandee....... I'm still confused about why this didn't turn up in the dye test. Because the dye, being heavier than water, went to the bottom, and the water going into the tube was from the clear top water. Had I waited until all the tank water was mixed and saturated, the dye would...
  2. donhall

wjcandee, this is a quote from your original post: "Perhaps a crack or leak in the overflow riser at the location that the water drains to? Still, water down the overflow riser ends up in the bowl, so you would see that with the dye." You were so close, but you assumed that water from the...
  3. donhall

"So happy we solved it!" We? Only one person gets the credit here. Nice job! I feel fortunate that I took the photo without the tube clip in place. With the clip in place, you would not have detected the crack. Sanded the overflow tube leaving a clean surface.... applied water-proof...
  4. donhall

WOW!..... what a sleuth..... you are dead right. At first I thought the "crack" was just a mark left by the metal clip that secures the tube to the overflow tube. A closer look and a pinch confirmed the crack. GREAT FIND! Now.... why would I need a fill valve rather than just replace the...
  5. donhall

Thanks for your interest and "professional advice". Much obliged. As a member of a very active Corvette Forum, I'm very impressed with the immediate and informative responses of this forum.
  6. donhall

Thanks, Terry..... as you can see in the photo.... no siphon.
  7. donhall

Beautiful response, wjcandee. Thank you! 1. Guaranteed - no siphon. 2. "I would say check the seat in the fill valve and make sure it's smooth; that's why Korky makes that kit that contains silicone, a repair ring for the valve seat, and a new flapper ....." (new Korky flapper...
  8. donhall

Toilet is an Eljer- two piece. Tank water level drops about 1/2" in 30 minutes, and keeps dropping to about 1 1/4" over two hours. if the supply valve is closed. Level will not drop further than 1 1/4". Water level is below the overflow tube. Dye in tank water does not enter bowl. No signs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks