Search results

1. bcpumpguy

New well

Just wondering pumppal? where is the csa or c ul or ul certicication on the pumps that you are trying to peddle here?
  2. bcpumpguy

Hydro Pneumatic Tank, Low Water Pressure

do you have any filter housings anywhere?
  3. bcpumpguy

Pitless adapter

I'd be suprised if you pitless actually leaks surface water, maybe a leak in the o'ring so maybe leaking well water back down the well. If it leaks it basically means that whoever put it in did a really shotty job. You'll probably have to weld on a patch where it currently is. As far as pitless...
  4. bcpumpguy

Pressure problem on jet pump

those distances from tank should not be an issue on a jet pump, probably have failing foot valve. Dont change the switch unless it worn out, just adjust it by tightening the larger rod nut and spring by tightening the nut on top. or if you want to get a new switch just get one i suppose. Low...
  5. bcpumpguy

drilled well went dry

75 psi line that is csa rated? where do you find that stuff? 425 feet of wire on a 3/4 hp is a little to far, check this page http://www.franklin-electric.com/aim-manual/page-11.aspx should have gone with #12 gauge at least. if you wanted to do things as per canadian code you take the lenghts...
  6. bcpumpguy

electrical leads to water well pump

all depends on the age of the old pump, whether or not the megohms at the motor were ok or not. Any pump 15 years and older is really on borrowed time. That said I have pulled 40 year old working pumps, those are far and few between though.
  7. bcpumpguy

Well Setup Question

5. When the pump kicks in, the house tank goes to 60 PSI; the stable tank to 80 PSI. if you do not use any water after the pump kicks on do they even out to the same pressure? where is the pressure switch?
  8. bcpumpguy

Looking for float valves in cistern that can withstand high water pressure and gas?

Little bit more expensive but much more reliable, why not use a solenoid valve with a float switch?
  9. bcpumpguy

Well Pump Above Tank?

" but the chance of a screen becoming blocked is minuscule" Huh? really? The planet that i live on beg's to differ, hope the investment in a truck that is specifically set up to clean wells with blocked screens was not a waste.. either way what kind of dumb rant is this? It did not have...
  10. bcpumpguy

Irrigation Well Pump Stop Working After Breaker Jumped - Please Help.

a breaker does not jump, it trips. You have an overload situation, most likely the submersible pump is bad and needs to come out of the well and be replaced. You can presurize the tank but since the breaker trips a soon as you turn it on its not going to help.
  11. bcpumpguy

Pumptec shows solid green but no water is coming thru.

holding tank or pressure tank? should be located right at the pressure tank which are usually blue in color.
  12. bcpumpguy

Sand point well pressure

if the 11 GPM keeps up for a couple of hours you'll be fne, it just depends on how many sprinkles you want to run at a time you can do 11GPM at 60 psi, just depends on the hp of the pump. What model pump and hp are you using right now? it could be that you are just running at the max of the pump...
  13. bcpumpguy

Jet pump to submersable conversion questions.

www.pweagleinc.com/literature/i/mkt-i-800.pdf check the pdf in this link
  14. bcpumpguy

so what hp size pumps will you set down that deep then? 600 feet is 260 psi, your getting close to the burst rating that valveman says is 315psi for sched 80 threaded, specially when you add any sort of operating pressure. I imagine these are open flow however.
  15. bcpumpguy

pump repair vs new system

I don't think F&W is crap, as far as i know they are quite good. Most of the brands that you get from your local plumbing wholesaler are usually quite alright, like you said stay with a cast iron pump.
  16. bcpumpguy

we just buy it for plumbing up pump houses or filter systems, nothing else. Why buy schedule 80 over 40? pressure rating... so how deep do you set pumps with schedule 80? what sizes do you use?
  17. bcpumpguy

submerged pump

Depends on what type of pump end it is, I find that berkeley's with plastic floating stack impellers do absolutely fine with sand. did a flow test on a well once where i pumped out at least a wheel barrow full of sand out of a well in less then 4 hours. that pump was about 10 years old then it...
  18. bcpumpguy

yeah around the wells 200ft plus wells usually have low statics you might see something a 150'. As far as pvc pipe goes I have not used it (until we started with the johnson pipe) in wells, never seen sched 80 pvc pipe come threaded. As far as I'm concerned only place sched 40 and 80 belongs...
  19. bcpumpguy

As a rule we never set poly deeper than 200 feet, and when they are set that deep we have an electric winch to pull with. I have used quite a bit of the johnson surealign schd 120 it does not deform i can tell you that, its also impossible to cross thread which is nice when you're in a hurry. So...
  20. bcpumpguy

Grunfos CU 301 wiring

PE is Ground, supply the two terminals with 220v. Don't worry about frying it, it will do that all by itself.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks