Search results

1. DIYdude

Tub Spout Diverter and Diverter Valve

Hi. I'm looking at installing a 3-way diverter valve, but I have a tub spout that has an included diverter; I plan on replacing the spout with one that has no diverter. Out of curiosity, if I left the tub spout with diverter in place, would pressure in the line not allow the diverter to be...
  2. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

I'm contemplating installing a wall hung toilet in my upstairs bathroom so I can raise the ceiling height in the downstairs bathroom about 7" to a more conventional 7'7". The upstairs toilet's drain is the main reason for the truncated height. If I decide to go forward, I'm unsure about venting...
  3. DIYdude

Raise Shower Head Height?

I'm trying to decide whether to raise the shower head height in a tub surround. The current height is 5'10" off the subfloor, and the ceiling height off the subfloor is 7'2". I thought about installing a handheld on a slide bar and just leaving the shower head where it stands. Any thoughts?
  4. DIYdude

Vanity Drain Move

I'm in the process of moving a drain in a non-load bearing wall for a vanity I'm installing. I've carefully staked out the new location of the drain to correspond with the square factory cutout on the back of the vanity. I've attached a few pictures: (1) Pic 1: Current location. New location is...
  5. DIYdude

Tub Drain and Floor Joist

The new tub I'm installing in my bathroom will be perpendicular to floor joists. The original tub was installed in the same location, but the notch that was cut for the drain and overflow in the floor joist was about 1 1/2" deep. My understanding is that I can't notch any deeper than a little...
  6. DIYdude

Kohler Villager (K716) vs Kohler Bellwether (K838)

Hi. I've been researching bathtubs ad nauseum, and I think I've settled on a cast iron tub. I originally thought to buy an Americast tub because of weight (I'm installing it myself), but I've seen mixed reviews on them. I saw the Villager at Lowe's, but I was turned off by its shallowness. Does...
  7. DIYdude

Toilet Drain/Joist Clearance

Is there a minimum clearance requirement between a joist and a toilet drain opening? I read something about, I think, 3" from the center of the drain to a joist. I'd like to sister the bad joist in the attached pic. If my calculations are correct, doing this will leave me about 1/2" from the...
  8. DIYdude

Adding a Bath Electrical Circuit

Hi, I'm new here, but I've fished around for info on occasion. I'm remodeling a small bathroom (about 5' x 10'), which includes adding a recessed light in the shower and radiant heat for the floor (considering 10 sq ft of SunTouch mat: 1-amp draw). My house is 36 years old, and the wiring is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks