Search results

1. DIYdude

Tub Spout Diverter and Diverter Valve

The Grohe 29714000 three-way diverter I'm installing has a 3/4" outlet for the tub spout line. Since the line is only going about three feet from the valve to the drop ear, should I reduce it to 1/2" copper at the valve or the drop ear? Does it really matter? The plumbing in the house is mainly...
  2. DIYdude

Tub Spout Diverter and Diverter Valve

Hi. I'm looking at installing a 3-way diverter valve, but I have a tub spout that has an included diverter; I plan on replacing the spout with one that has no diverter. Out of curiosity, if I left the tub spout with diverter in place, would pressure in the line not allow the diverter to be...
  3. DIYdude

Ledger board for a Cast iron tub?

I decided to not use a ledger and just shim the feet. I saw that someone used 4x4 junction box covers as shims because you don't need to be as exacting, so that's what I used. Note: My floor is flat, eliminating some headaches. Also, we had access to slide the tub in through a side wall and...
  4. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

Pic of temporary toilet installation until the bathroom is remodeled.
  5. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

Here are some pics.
  6. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

OK, I was able to finagle the stack enough to get the carrier outlet pipe to fit inside the 4" drain pipe. The toilet seems to work great. I'll post pics of the whole installation after I get my bearings - sleep has been minimal with this installation, since it's in the only working bathroom in...
  7. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

I finally got around to getting this toilet installed (Kohler K6284 carrier and K6299 toilet). The positioning of the drain per the installation instructions will require it to be slightly offset from the main stack, so I glued up a couple 22.5° elbows (of course, with ABS pipe between them) to...
  8. DIYdude

Kohler Veil Wall Hung Toilet

I'm going to assume that this toilet carrier has been installed by now :-) For future readers, a Kohler rep told me that the ribbed end of the carrier elbow fits inside a 4" drain pipe. BTW, the carrier I purchased came with a polished chrome flush plate in the package.
  9. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

I talked to a city inspector, and it looks like my best bet is to install a sanitary tee then connect up with the existing vent above the carrier with in-wall tank. Also, I was told that it's not necessary to beef up the framing, since the carrier should support the bowl.
  10. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

OK, thanks.
  11. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

I'm looking for something similar to the Kohler Santa Rosa.
  12. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

Yeah, my wife doesn't like the look of the toilets with the tank on the bowl that we've seen so far. Is there a sleek-looking wall hung toilet that has an exposed tank? Most I've seen look rather bulky.
  13. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

Unless I'm misunderstanding the configuration, won't the tank on the carrier get in the way of the vent?
  14. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

The Y would be installed to continue the main stack to the carrier and to vent through the roof. The wall is 2x6, and I planned on reinforcing it with additional framing for the new toilet. I found this thread on the forum...
  15. DIYdude

Wall Hung Toilet Venting

I'm contemplating installing a wall hung toilet in my upstairs bathroom so I can raise the ceiling height in the downstairs bathroom about 7" to a more conventional 7'7". The upstairs toilet's drain is the main reason for the truncated height. If I decide to go forward, I'm unsure about venting...
  16. DIYdude

Adding a Bath Electrical Circuit

I got in touch with Suntouch this morning, and I was told that the two thermostats have to be on different circuits.
  17. DIYdude

The manual for the Suntouch floor mat mentions needing a dedicated circuit, and it also mentions the possibility of installing the mat and thermostat on an existing circuit. I've installed a dedicated 15-amp circuit for the floor heat in the downstairs bathroom, but I was wondering if I can run...
  18. DIYdude

Hmm. I ended up using the Carlon BH353A Super Blue box. I followed someone else's lead and installed a piece of 1/2" drywall on the stud next to the box so I could line it up flush. It appears to be perfect. Switches installed are temporary basic single-pole switches. Once I get closer to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks