Search results

1. smokingtundra

EK system 2000 - internal plate heat exchanger leak?

Solved! EK system 2000 - internal plate heat exchanger leak? I know it's been awhile, but yes, the problem was the aquastat. Scarey that if that goes out, the burner will keep firing till...???? Meltdown? Still have the hard water problem, and now a rattling taco circulator pump that I...
  2. smokingtundra

EK system 2000 - internal plate heat exchanger leak?

Solved!: EK system 2000 - internal plate heat exchanger leak? Hey all, thanks for the forum! The background: We have a System 2000 boiler which was installed in 2007. One problem I've been having with it because of our hard water is the plate heat exchanger clogging. I purchased an extra...
  3. smokingtundra

1 minute + delay in getting water after pump kicks in

Well spoken, Valveman. As a diehard do-it-yourselfer, I will say that in this case I was extremely happy that I didn't try it on my own. Renting out a boom truck for probably two days, on top of obtaining/making the specialized tools for pulling the pipe would have probably cost me close to...
  4. smokingtundra

Yea, justwater got it-the pump is set at 567'. I asked about poly and the driller said not for a pump set that deep. His prices seem to be the standard for this area. The only thing that really turned me off was telling me that the control box I purchased wasn't designed for the...
  5. smokingtundra

Well, OK then......drillers just left after 7 hours of pulling pipe and replacing the pump: Pump + motor = $1800 278' galvanized ($3/ft) = $834 Control Box = $240 3 check valves = $126 7 hrs labor = $1370 Total: $4399 Valveman was right....corroded pipe in threads, just above the pump. Not...
  6. smokingtundra

The rest of the story: I Should say too, that originally, the well was drilled in 1985 to 323', with the pump at 304' making 1/2 gpm. In 1990, the owner had the driller come back and go deeper to improve water quality/flow. (The first 194' is cased in 6", and 194-515' is cased in 5"-so the...
  7. smokingtundra

Valveman, I'm a believer. I actually purchased a new control box before the driller shows up tomorrow, just to be sure. Sure enough, same problem. Also checked motor winding resistances, which were all within norm. Hole in the drop pipe must be what it is. There is a check valve in the line...
  8. smokingtundra

OK, I placed the amp meter on the incoming hot wire, started the pump and got 14 to 15 amps right off the bat as the control box 'clicked'. So by valveman's previous post, that would mean the pump is pumping a lot of water from the get go. Maybe no holes in the pipe? Opening the control box...
  9. smokingtundra

OK, I've gotten several quotes around town. I've got one driller who says he can do it for around $4-5K, and he's planning on being at my place on Monday morning. Will buy a amp meter on my way home to check the control box.
  10. smokingtundra

Thanks Valveman, I'll have to borrow a clip around amp meter, but it'll be worth my time to troubleshoot.
  11. smokingtundra

Thanks for the responses! Not sure about the electric bill, but I'll look into it. Definitely considered holes in the drop pipe or bad pump check valve, but strange then that I'm not hearing much if any air in the system when the water does start flowing (although I noticed there IS a...
  12. smokingtundra

Hi All.... I have a 600 foot deep well, 2hp Goulds pump hung at 560ft. It was installed in 1990. (Around here, well would be price prohibitive these days, but it came with the house). A few weeks ago we started losing all our water pressure when letting the water run for a long time, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks