Search results

1. frank19991999

Shower panel installation - brass vs copper fittings

Got a Vigo shower panel, out of the wall it needs 1/2" mips fittings. As per their manual the threaded part face up. Should I use brass or copper fittings? Does it even matter ? Thanks
  2. frank19991999

Shower drain - too much slope ?

Did a lot of reading today. 1. Pitch issue, I think I can fix it, if I understand correctly I am allowed 135 change of direction from the trap to the 3" pipe. Is that in the horizontal plane only? Can someone pls confirm. My plan is to go with 1/4 per foot pitch as close as possible to the 3x3x2...
  3. frank19991999

Terry, Is this the venting 90 that is wrong ?
  4. frank19991999

The trap is almost resting on the laundry room ceiling, cannot drop it anymore. The other end of the 2" pipe is tied into a 3" and is 1" away from a sistered joist The original vent was thru the right I just used the same one. From the wye I go slightly up and towards the trap with a 90...
  5. frank19991999

The pipe ends in a 3x3x2 wye. Here is a picture: And here is the reference to a maximum slope of 3" per foot: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/drain-pipe-slope-calculation
  6. frank19991999

Thanks for your reply, was asking about the maximum slope.
  7. frank19991999

Upgraded the drain to 2", I understand the min slope is 1/4" per foot, is there a max ? Read somewhere about a max of 3" per foot, not sure if is reliable information. Currently the drain drops 4" in about 38", venting is done at 9" from the trap weir. Thanks much,
  8. frank19991999

Tightening no hub couplings, how tight is too tight?

Hello, Just finished upgrading a shower drain to 2", I cut out the 3x3x 1.5 wye and replaced it with a 3 x3x 2, I used 3" shielded no hub couplings . I am weekend warrior, I dont own a 60 lb 5/16" torque wrench, looking for suggestions on how much to tighten the screws without damaging the...
  9. frank19991999

Waxless ring and flange extender

I am almost done tiling the bathroom floor and the old flange sits underneath the finished floor.. If I use a waxless ring like the one in the picture do I still need to add a 1/4" flange extender ? Also I read somewhere that waxless rings might not be the best choice for some toilets. Can...
  10. frank19991999

3x3x2 wye and 90 ell

Thanks. The 2" pipe has a vent at about 2 or 3 ' away from the p trap. Frank
  11. frank19991999

3x3x2 wye and 90 ell

one more question Would be possible to use a tee-wye combination instead of a wye ? I need to use fittings rather than hubs and I can find only 3x3x2 tee-wye fitting. thanks
  12. frank19991999

3x3x2 wye and 90 ell

hi, 2 quick questions: 1. can I cut out in a 3" ABS pipe, insert a 3x3x2 wye and use rubber couplings on both 3" sides ? My concern is about lateral movement. 2. my 2" drain makes two 90 degree turns - both horizontally - should I use those large 90 ell pieces ? Thanks
  13. frank19991999

Shower drain

11/2 to 2 coupling Thanks much for the answers. Is using a 11/2 to 2" coupling to connect the new 2" pipe to the existing 3x3x11/2 wye an option ? Thanks, Frank
  14. frank19991999

Shower drain

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the confusion - I was in a hurry and didn't explain enough what I need - I rented a demo hammer and dug all the way to the main stack. I need to replace the existing 1 1/2" drain with 2". I thought I will find a 2" pipe somewhere to attach the new shower...
  15. frank19991999

Shower drain

Hi All, I am replacing a bathtub with a shower. The drain is 1 1/2 all the way to the main horizontal stack. Please take a look at the attaached picture and let me know if my plan is OK ? Is the toilet flange to close to the new wye ? The distance is about 11". Thanks much
  16. frank19991999

Toilet waste horn

I just purchased a 2 pieces toilet and I noticed the the waste horn diameter is only 2". Is this the standard ? I thought size matter and the diameter should be bigger. Thanks
  17. frank19991999

Handheld shower question

Hi, Thanks for your answers. It was one of those thermo vs pressure balance confusion. Frank
  18. frank19991999

Handheld shower question

Hi Mike, Actually I will replace a bathtub with a ceramic shower see the attached pic thanks
  19. frank19991999

Handheld shower question

Hi, I want to buy this shower. What other part(s) do I need to buy ? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks