Search results

1. Phantomvs

Is this washer/sink layout OK ?

Is Terry's modified pic OK? Or how about 2nd drawing ?
  2. Phantomvs

One last question, i have no choice to use a AAV in my application. Venting is close to impossible as its a concrete wall behind and with no access to main stack. So i can't loop back to main stack for venting. I was gonna put the AAV in a recessed box with grill . The one they sell for...
  3. Phantomvs

Thank you Terry for your help ! Much appreciated , Great forum !!
  4. Phantomvs

Thanks Terry , exactly what I was looking for !!! Way simpler ! Unfortunately I can't drop the Santee on the 3" as it's behind a 10" concrete wall . Not much access unless I break the wall. Can you just tell me if those are Santee's or twyes in your pic ? Also you don't think hen washer...
  5. Phantomvs

I added a pic of what I want to do as I am relocating washer and would like to add a sink but drain pipe is pretty high at 16" off floor. Any ideas ?
  6. Phantomvs

Plumbing washer and sink and standpipe

Or how about this setup I found on YouTube?
  7. Phantomvs

Plumbing washer and sink and standpipe

I am in Montreal and not sure on the plumbing codes if they would allow this. I have a 3" main stack that is wet vented and in the basement I have a 2" ABS pipe that connects straight to main stack about 1 foot away. I would like plumb in my basement a washer and a sink. I added a pic I found...
  8. Phantomvs

How to plumb Washer and sink drain

I have a 1970 home that uses a wet vent plumbing system. I have a main stack ABS 3" pipe that goes straight through the flat roof. There is a room in my basement that has a 2" abs drain that is connected straight to main stack 3" abs about not even 1 foot away. So no vent near this...
  9. Phantomvs

Need help on planning washer & utility sink setup

So I am guessing 1 AAV for each fixture or just one ? I found this pic on the net of what I would like to do.
  10. Phantomvs

I understand, so in that case should i put in a AAV ? If so where ? I am guessing these are cheater valves and against code. But in my case i can't really reroute as its all cement 10" walls and a 3 storey home. Hard to get to the roof.
  11. Phantomvs

The utility sink is attached above the p-trap on washer stand pipe so any sewer gases would be stopped by p-trap. I think its more as Terry stated earlier a question of pumping out to fast.
  12. Phantomvs

Thanks Terry for the advice. I will wait to see if someone here in Canada knows if this is legal here. If not, like you said i can always try it.
  13. Phantomvs

Basically the drain tube sticking out from wall is coming straight from the main stack which is a 3" and is a wet vent . So i am guessing if i do a setup something like this isn't good.
  14. Phantomvs

I have a wall in my basement with a 2" ABS drain that is connected directly to my main stack which is 3" wet vent here in Canada. The drain pipe 2" abs sticks out at about 16-18" off unfinished floor. I would like to attach a sink and washer to this drain pipe. Basically a washer on the...
  15. Phantomvs

Vent pipe and drainage

Well a big thanks to everybody , great help as usual. You guys were right its actually a drain line from the kitchen upstairs. thanks again !!!
  16. Phantomvs

Vent pipe and drainage

The upstairs bathroom sink connects to main stack higher up. Not shown in pic. I am pretty sure its just a vent line I was thinking of just cutting the main stack above the vent intake and attaching the vent higher up the main stack and using existing vent intake for draining new sink since...
  17. Phantomvs

Vent pipe and drainage

Ok so i am guessing that vent vents the kitchen and bathroom sink upstairs. I attached some pics.. You see the main stack its on the left with the vent on the right side. After the tee it ends. That is where i would like to drain a sink. Not sure if this all makes sense.
  18. Phantomvs

Vent pipe and drainage

Hello, I would like to put a sink in my basement and the closest drain pipe is a vent tube of 1 1/2 inches. It would connect right where the vent tube enters the main stack 3'' and that i believe is a wet vent stack. Would this be ok or is not code ? Thanks again, Matt
  19. Phantomvs

washer & sink hookup...

Thank You Terry !!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks