Search results

1. qgsm33

go easy, it's my first posting...bathroom remodel question...

Hello hj - thanks for the reply. Regarding the toespace: can you explain why I can't do that? I thought I read on one of the other threads that somebody suggested running it in the toespace (proper slope required). Am I okay coming off the sink, going straight back into the back of the...
  2. qgsm33

go easy, it's my first posting...bathroom remodel question...

I'm starting on a remodel of one of our bathrooms that (to make a long story short) will move the sink from the back/wet wall ... to the side wall. The sink used to be plumbed directly into the wet wall. The side wall is a standard 2x4 wall. The side wall is approximately 5' long, and I'd...
  3. qgsm33

remodeling and want to make a change to my drain lines

Thanks Terry, much appreciated. Thanks for setting up this extremely useful site...
  4. qgsm33

sorry, was kinda short with that last response. when I cut a bunch of the subfloor out, the wet wall plate and studs will be resting on the edge of the plywood coming from the next room over...more than a foot from the nearest joist. I'm just not that comfortable with leaving it that...
  5. qgsm33

good question. I forgot to mention that I need to cut out a bunch of the plywood subfloor in the bathroom. Some rotting from water damage, but a lot of "moving lines around" and it lets me put in some wiring for the floor below...so I can hang a ceiling fan in the floor below. So what do you...
  6. qgsm33

Hi folks - first time poster here...so be gentle :). I'm remodeling a spare bathroom on the 2nd floor. During the tear down phase, I noticed that the wet wall (2x6 studs) runs parallel to the floor joists. Unfortunately, the wet wall studs don't sit on top of a floor joist: the floor joists...
  7. qgsm33

dumb question about under sink plumbing

bingo! Bingo! that smaller PVC line was in deed coming from the air conditioner unit in the attic. I flushed some water down the line from above and no problems there. Pulled a major hairball/clog out of the drain line in the wall (with my handy dandy hand-cranked snake). Clog was about...
  8. qgsm33

dumb question about under sink plumbing

Hi folks - apologies in advance for what you may find is a dumb question. I've got a sink in a 2nd floor bathroom that's plugged. took the P-trap off and the trap was fairly clean...but when I looked into the drain connection in the wall, you can see water standing in the drain pipe inside the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks