Search results

1. Rburt5

Water pressure cutting out.

Yes, there’s definitely some water in the tank. Also, it’s confusing to me that I keep having to reset the charge. It keeps returning to almost 50psi when it cycles. I’ve never added air to it - but I keep taking air out to get it back down to 38psi whenever I reset it (my switch is 40-60). I’m...
  2. Rburt5

I It also seems like the pressure in the tanks drops from 60 to 50 faster than I’d expect. With the washing machine filling it only took about 1 minute or less to drop 10psi
  3. Rburt5

I have an update. It started short cycling again. What I noticed is that the pump is kicking on when the pressure gauge goes below 50 rather than below 40. What would cause that with a new pressure switch just installed?
  4. Rburt5

That actually helps me a lot because it makes me think I fixed the problem. When I replaced the pressure switch the other night I charged the tank after the water and electricity was on. This morning I turned all that back off, drained the tank, and reset the tank pressure while it was all...
  5. Rburt5

Rather than start a whole new thread, I thought that I’d just add to this because my issue is similar. My pressure would suddenly cut out for a moment about every 2-3 minutes in the shower. It recovered quickly. I replaced the pressure switch and reset the tank pressure to 38. It worked great...
  6. Rburt5

Backsplash gap

I appreciate all the suggestions. I’ll have to look a little more into the tile trim options. After getting the tile in place the gap is mostly 1/4” and gets slightly bigger and slightly smaller in places (3/16 minimum and 3/8 max) depending on how parallel the cabinets are to the counter top.
  7. Rburt5

Backsplash gap

In laying out my subway tile backsplash I’m going to have a 3/8” gap between the top row of tile and the cabinets. That feels like a little too much to caulk and too narrow to cut a thin row of tile. My gut tells me a piece of 1/2” quarter round molding is the way to go. Are there better options?
  8. Rburt5

Shelf on kitchen soffit

I just finished hanging new kitchen cabinets. The soffit wasn’t level so I had to hang a filler board to give the cabinets a level surface to go up against. My plan was to just cover the filler board with a trim piece. Now my wife said she’d like a small shelf running above the cabinets along...
  9. Rburt5

Window replacement

Thanks for the help. My meter didn’t read any voltage. This sounds like something probably over my head. My knowledge pretty much ends at matching white to white and black to black lol. Probably time to give up and pay the electrician to make sure it’s safe.
  10. Rburt5

Static electricity in wiring?

I changed a ceiling light fixture today. Had the power shut off at the breaker. As I was putting the new fixture in place I saw it spark 3-4 different times a tiny little zap like static electricity. I didn’t feel any shock it was so small and there wasn’t any power to the fixture. What would...
  11. Rburt5

Deck refinishing paint recommendations

I guess it’s actually a deck and floor sander. Same as you’d use for hardwood floors. Rented from Home Depot for $65/day. Used 60 grit paper. It worked amazingly well. I just had to go around the railing and stairs with a small orbital sander...
  12. Rburt5

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up renting a walk behind deck sander. All the old solid stain came right off and it smoothed out the roughest parts. Almost looked new! I went with a semi transparent stain since the decking cleaned up so well. My stain job has some uneven looking places. Can...
  13. Rburt5

I have an old deck that’s pretty rough but I don’t want to replace it for a couple more years. So I’m looking for a refinishing paint that’ll fill in the rough spots. There are a lot of options out there. Does anybody have experience with paint that you can recommend or tell me to stay away from?
  14. Rburt5

Window replacement

15. Rburt5

Window replacement

I’m replacing original aluminum windows from 1979. The windows are on my second story and my 20ft ladder won’t let me reach the top of them. They’re held on with a nailing fin that’s behind 2 layers of siding. Also, they’re single hung windows and the top panes won’t come out. Does anybody...
  16. Rburt5

Flooring transition

I’m installing Pergo waterproof laminate flooring throughout my house except bathrooms (just can’t bring myself to trust it around tubs and toilets). My bathroom has linoleum. When I transition into the bathroom I’m worried about water from people getting out of the shower running under the...
  17. Rburt5

Outlet spark

Thanks. The new outlet should take care of it then. I’ll still have a pro come look at it to make sure.
  18. Rburt5

Outlet spark

Thanks for the help. I replaced the outlet just to be safe. HJ are you saying the wires may have been loose where they attached to the outlet that sparked? Or could they be loose inside any of the receptacles along that circuit?
  19. Rburt5

Outlet spark

I was running a circular saw in my garage when my daughter said she saw an outlet in the living room spark. The outlet is on the same circuit as the one my saw was plugged into. The breaker is a 20 amp and the outlets are 15 amp. I pulled the outlet that she said sparked and don’t see any signs...
  20. Rburt5

Removing telephone wire

Thanks for the responses. I opened up my interface box and didn’t see any RJ11 connectors. I attached a photo to see. There’s another part of the interface box that says it’s for the telephone line provider and it looks like I need a special tool to unscrew the fastener.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks