Search results

1. Brucet99

Cleaning with muriatic acid

I need to remove uric acid scale from my Toto 1.26gpf toilets. Pool acid available nearby is 14.5% hydrochloric. Should I plunge the toilet to remove most water, then pour in acid to normal water height so that acid gets into all passages that would have scale build up, or simply pour into...
  2. Brucet99

Toto Carlyle II won't completely flush

Toto Carlyle II, one of four installed 4 years ago now won't flush completely even when flush lever is held down. The other three work fine. Dump a 1.25 gallon bucket of water in the bowl and I get a complete flush. Problem would seem to be that the flush valve delivers less than enough water...
  3. Brucet99

"hard flush" causes leak?

Friend of mine said he had to fix an old Kohler toilet that leaked at the base, so he was going to change the wax seal. I said that I did not think you could get a leak at the flange unless water was backing up from a clogged waste line, and that the purpose of a wax seal was primarily to...
  4. Brucet99

Baby Devoro Daycare toilet, I've never seen a toilet like this

Not since kindergarten, maybe.
  5. Brucet99

TOTO 1.28 flush valve leaks into bowl

Two-week old Toto Promenade 1.28 Wife complained of "water running" sound. Sure enough I found the fill valve allowing a small amount of water to flow because it apparently couldn't quite close. Faulty fill valve? I flushed and it re-filled and shut off crisply, but an hour later was...
  6. Brucet99

Toto Promenade 1.28 or 1.6?

Toto Promenade is the only high version with round bowl, so it will fit in the same tight space as the poor-flushing Wellworth it will replace. So the only choice left is 1.28 gpf or 1.6 gpf? There is no rebate in my area for going with 1.28 flush. There are only two users, so the extra...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks