Search results

1. oIIIIIo

Sanitary tee or wye to connect semi-horizontal to waste stack?

Just had a plumber in to do some work to setup a bathroom in the basement. This involved moving the waste stack and installing a backwater valve. They connected the main floor toilet to the waste stack using a wye rather than a sanitary tee. Just looking for a quick confirmation that this is...
  2. oIIIIIo

Quick check of toilet drain connection before I pour concrete?

I guess it must be black PVC then because it is a lot thinner walled than 3" ABS. One less thing to be concerned about then. I think I'm ok now, so time to pour the concrete. Thanks for the pointers guys.
  3. oIIIIIo

I pulled the cover off the backflow valve. The flap opens and closes freely and the seal and closing surface seems to be in decent shape. It's easily accessible now that I know where it is so I can always swap it out later if need be. The ABS pipe with the PVC elbows on it is just a...
  4. oIIIIIo

I wasn't really comfortable with the T-Y either, but I couldn't fit a wye unless I did away with the backflow valve. I pulled up the carpet in another room and uncovered a mysterious sump that I haven't opened since I bought the house. I opened it up and low and behold there was a backflow...
  5. oIIIIIo

Sorry if this is considered a double post - I had posted this in another thread, but didn't get a confirmation that my configuration is ok. I'm just about ready to pour concrete and want to make sure I'm not making a mistake. Can someone please have a look at how I connected the toilet and...
  6. oIIIIIo

Correcting show drain under slab?

I had to chip out a bunch more concrete, but I made some progress (I hope). My house doesn't have any kind of backflow prevention, so I decided to add one while I've got this torn up. This was the only way I could think of to connect the toilet and show drain in the position I wanted it. Can...
  7. oIIIIIo

Thanks for the response. The mysterious third pipe under the slab must be some sort of drain tile because it has 1/2" holes in it. I just don't know why it's there. It does not tie into the waste water drain - it runs beside it. There is some sort of sump under the floor in another room...
  8. oIIIIIo

Connecting shower drain under slab? Hi all - this is my first post, but I've used this forum many times to get info for my DIY projects. Definitely the best DIY plumbing forum I have found! I'm renovating a basement bathroom which previously had a toilet and a corner shower unit. We are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks