Search results

1. karch03

3.5" cast iron pipe to pvc

Thanks to all on this forum! You guys truly are a wealth of knowledge! As a home owner I am sure I will be back to pick your brains again. Thanks again for the help!!!
  2. karch03

You are correct....I should apply the 7 P method (proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance). So....my best option is to expose the flange, remove the waste stack from cleanout to flange, rework the flange coupling to CI and add a sink down pipe (no need for "T"), tie both to a vent...
  3. karch03

Jadnashua, I'm not truly concerned about the venting of the toilet. The flange is cast iron which leads me to believe its been there since the house was built in 1939. My guess is if it worked then it should work now. Right? If I can use the AAV on the sink then I should be golden. Any issue...
  4. karch03

I got a union pipe fitter telling about a cheater valve thats "technically" legal in KY. Any chance I can just "T" the pipe for a sink drain and add the cheater vent? I can probably put a extender flange on...float the floor with leveler concrete and leave the cleanout where it is. Thoughts?
  5. karch03

HJ, Looks like I am stuck! Kentucky code doesn't allow for wet venting so vents would need to be installed. Guess I will be calling a plumber. Thanks!
  6. karch03

Jadnashua, Moving the flange would be a possibility. However, I was hoping to "T" off the replacement PVC stack for a sink as well. Something like what I attached. I guess I could move the flange and leave the cleanout and then just do a clean straight "T" in with PVC to the stack? Thoughts?
  7. karch03

Hello, I located a toilet flange in my basement this past week and I am wanting to install a half bath now. My issue is that the waste stack sits really close to the flange. It seems like I will need to angle it the opposite way with PVC and mission couplings, add a cleanout and then angle...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks