Search results

1. warrens

Three wells-one pressure switch

I think they are 1 or 1.5 hp
  2. warrens

Thanks for the replies. Valveman, your solution with the different pressures is more or less what I have now and it is the fact that I have to do some manual turning off to get one working that I wanted to avoid. Your solution setting them all at the same pressure - wouldn't that be almost...
  3. warrens

Hi I have three poor producing wells, each around 400 feet, together they give me enough water but I have them on a combination of timers and 3 pressure switches, set at different cut ins and offs. This works but often I have to manually shut off one to give it time to recover, however I will...
  4. warrens

Water cartridge on well system warped

Hi. I have a simple rain fresh whole house water filter on my water system. Artesian well. I have a low producing well with a (600 litre reservoir tank inside the house)but when I came home today the reservoir was dry but it was full before I left so it looks like a toilet or something has...
  5. warrens

suggestions for low producing wells

Thanks for the replies I fracked the "poorer" well and to be honest it seemed to make it worse-luckily they gave me a no improvement no charge deal but I would be worried to try it on the other one if it became worse-also they arent offering the same deal now! (my poorer one gives me "maybe"...
  6. warrens

Frozen well pipe

Thanks craigpump. I have a bladder tank but I guess I can put up with some air since the other option they said was put a heating element in the pipe but that would be a bout 800$! Do you agree that it would freeze up again if I dont go the hole in the pipe route-as I said it has never...
  7. warrens

suggestions for low producing wells

Hi I live at the top of a hill, there are 5 other houses and we all have water problems-i.e. there isn't much. 2 houses have used a solution of burying a tank outside which gets filled up and then the water is drawn from that, however they are just holiday homes so dont have the same...
  8. warrens

Frozen well pipe

Hi The pipe from my well to the house is frozen. The tech has come and unattached the pipe from the fitting that goes to the pump and the pump pumps water so it must be frozen between there and the house. He noticed that i had put up a car shelter over the path of the pipes and reckons that...
  9. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

Do you both agree therefore, that I probably don't have a hole in the pipe somewhere down the well-which is the issue I seemed to get often before I replaced the pumptech?
  10. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

thanks i will hunt for a check valve then-I guess it could be down the well?
  11. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

thanks for your perseverance guys LLigetfa-I am pretty sure I don't have a check valve and haven't noticed water hammer anywhere Valveman- Double bouncing? Is that simply looking at the contacts and seeing if they release and then reattach quickly?
  12. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

Hi My switch is close to the tank and the sensor was set at about 80, I have reduced it to 10 and it seemes to have stopped the rapid cycle error. I have tried at 40 and it still occurs but at 30 it seems ok so far the pump pumps for more than 30 seconds ( acouple of minutes maybe-. it seems...
  13. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

Thanks again LLigetfa, I have done the drawdown test and it seems fine I get about 8 gallons on a 20 gallon tank at 20/40 pressure setting. I also tested the pressure of the tank empty and at the cut off and cut in and it all seems ok-One thing though.. when it gets close to the cut off, i do...
  14. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

Thanks, can you just guide me as to what exactly in simple terms I have to do to do the drawdown test to evaluate this thanks
  15. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

Hi I checked for losing pressure and it seems ok-it stays at a constant pressure
  16. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

Thanks LLigetfa Yes you are correct I should have said rapid cycle. I will have a look re losing pressure when the pump shuts off and get back to you
  17. warrens

Rapid Cycle Well Pump

Hi (NB SUBJECT SHOULD BE RAPID CYCLE NOT RECYCLE!) I have had constant problems with my well pump (400 feet deep) running dry and then either frying the pump or heating the pipe up so much that it bursts and my well guy comes and pulls it out to replace the piece of pipe. the main reason I...
  18. warrens

wrong guage wriing for pumptec?

I am pretty sure it is all functioning correctly since i have a second well system and when I swap pumptecs around they each work on one but not the other
  19. warrens

thanks TVL I will give them a call but I am guessing that they will say "no serviceable parts etc" and suggest another model-I was just hoping someone may know as although it may not be intended for the end user to adjust-it would seem to make sense that there is an adjustment somewhere in it...
  20. warrens

I have just had the motor replaced, I guess there is a chance that this motor will trip the pumptec when needed however initially i didnt think I had sensitivity calibration but it looks like I may have -although hard to get at. Would you know if and which of the 2 lower dials are for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks