Search results

1. spete112

Taco pump leaking

My boiler is a LX-90. I am not sure about your next question. I did click on your link and am guess you are asking the temp that the boiler is set at in relation to out side temp. I get the boiler set at in relation to the out side temp. Right know I have it set at 180 for the summer month for...
  2. spete112

Taco pump leaking

Dana you really have my interest with the ECM pumps. I called Slantfinn today and asked them about changing the primary pump. I did not remember that the pump came with the boiler and they told me not to even think about restricting the water on the primary. I am all for going with what the...
  3. spete112

Taco pump leaking

I honestly don't know once I get my o ring and leak fixed I will turn the boiler back on and see. I do have temp gauges an all my return and know the drop is not much on any of the runs. Maybee five degrees if I al lucky. Slowing the zone down did help a little with the return but not much. Even...
  4. spete112

Taco pump leaking

Yes it is you a correct in that I have the zone pumps one the lowest setting and all the ball valves just cracked in a effort to get the return cooler to increase the efficiency. It helped a little but not much
  5. spete112

Taco pump leaking

i don't know to be honest with you what do you recommend for a primary pump if I would need to change it. The ID of the pump matches the boiler however I know that does not have much to do with the volume
  6. spete112

Taco pump leaking

Thanks for your reply. I did find that I could order a o ring for that pump. I will give that a try. The pump is only three years old and should still have life left in it. To answer your question that pump is just circulating the water through the boiler and bringing the return back. I have...
  7. spete112

Adding basement zone to hydronic boiler / enclosing boiler

Why wait for you water heater to die before you go to a indirect? You can make one very easily. Look up side arm for domestic hot water. I can provide more detail if you are interested. Maybee I am oversimplifing it a little it did take some work, pumps, sensors, low voltage wiring for a...
  8. spete112

Taco pump leaking

I hope this is a acceptable spot for my question being it is part of my hydronic system. I am currently using my boiler for heat as well as domestic hot water through a home made heat exchanger and a normal 80 gallon electric water heater. I noticed my boiler pressure was down to five pounds one...
  9. spete112

Lenex forced are gas furnace

Does anyone know what would cause my furnace to go on lock out trying to use the AC. I have removed the gas valve and burner tub to send it to someone to convert it to NG. Today we had a very warm day so I thought I would see if the AV would work. I tried to put the two wires back into the gas...
  10. spete112

Indirect tank off propane modcom boiler OR Independent Electric Water Heater

I called a manufacture of a flat plate exchanger and was quoted a exchanger that costed over $600.00 I don't remember the btu of that. Plus you have to factor in the y fittings so you can clean out the exchanger and they were also very expensive. I have a total of 20 feet of exchanger pipe...
  11. spete112

Water Company Flushing Water Mains

I would suggest installing a whole house filter before the softener that would help take care of that issue in the future. I do realize many installers do not like to see this however if you are careful and not restricting the water flow change your filter on a regular basis this would work...
  12. spete112

Indirect tank off propane modcom boiler OR Independent Electric Water Heater

There is one other option that would give you the best of both worlds. Keep your electric water heater and make your own heat exchanger using 1.5 copper pipe with 3/4 inch in the middle for your domestic water . I just did this a month ago and it works great. That way if propane gets too...
  13. spete112

Mixing valve for water heater with recirculating line.

Thanks HJ that was exactly what I was wondering about. I just cant see turning on a faucet and getting 150-160 degree water out of the kitchen faucet. It sounds like my only option is to go with a bigger heater.
  14. spete112

Musty smell in towels, dish rages

Would anyone have any idea as to what would cause a musty smell with dish towels and shower towels. Basically any towel that gets wet will get musty with in a day. I am on a well system and have installed a flex 5600 water softener. As far as I can tell the softener is doing its job. My...
  15. spete112

Di electric union keeps corroding

I realize every part of the country does things a little different. However what is the need for any of these fancy fittings. All a person needs is a male/female adpt and a copper pipe, coupling. Then take it from there ball valve, pex adpt or what ever you need. What does a union do for a...
  16. spete112

Mixing valve for water heater with recirculating line.

I am trying to figuring out what size indirect water heater to purchase. I was doing some research that talked about one option of using a smaller size heater and increasing the water temp. If I was to use a mixing valve how would that work if I have a recirculating line installed.
  17. spete112

Another Newbie in search of a Water Softener

I just bought the Flex 5600 SXT I will be careful and leave the advice to the experts on this forum. Having said that I have a little more hardness and iron then you. Not much however a little more with just two people in our house however we have some high water use fixtures. So I am...
  18. spete112

Recomandations for some options for a 5600 SXT softner

Ok great thanks both of you for your help. It is finally a great relief to feel that I not have the info that I need to purchase my softener.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks