Search results

1. KarenTheBold

Technical Q (for Terry): What was the flush volume of a Toto Drake ST743E twenty years ago?

Terry, the toilet you voted out (in favor of the one-pc) is ready to leave the premises. Rather than having it go straight to the dump, I'm planning to list it on Freecycle, just in case. To describe it accurately, I'd like to know what the flush volume is/was. The new ones are listed as...
  2. KarenTheBold

Which TOTO toilet to keep?

I've just had two toilets replaced and I have "left" two TOTO toilets and one spot to install one of them. Both were installed 15+ years ago. Please help me decide which one to keep and how strong is your preference for one over the other: One-piece Toto Ultramax CST853 Two-piece Toto Drake ST743E
  3. KarenTheBold

Recommendation for small point-of-use under-sink heater? Goal is to save water.

In the California drought, I still want warm/hot water in the bathroom sink, without running gallons of non-hot water down the drain just to get a small amount of water for handwashing. (A new whole-house heat-pump water heater is about 10 feet away, but I can't stand waiting and watching cold...
  4. KarenTheBold

Is it possible to recycle toilets?

It appears to me that toilets never wear out--since all the internal parts and handles can simply be replaced. I am getting new toilets due to style changes, water-saving, etc., but what to do with the toilets (Toto) being removed? Is there any way to give them away? Do they all end up in...
  5. KarenTheBold

PROBLEM SOLVED: How to remove and clean part of American Standard bathroom sink pull-down faucet?

This American Standard bathroom sink faucet with pull-out hose has worked fine for two decades. Now the water coming through the handheld part is restricted, apparently by the filter where it attaches to the hose. I was easily able to unscrew and clean the filter at the end, but can't figure...
  6. KarenTheBold

Any experience with 1.0 gallon toilets?

I live in California where the current standard is 1.28 gallons/flush. I am considering the Drake II 454 in the 1.0 gallon option. MAP rates it "Highly Recommended" but I would welcome experience of others.
  7. KarenTheBold

Bidet toilet seat OR Bidet Toilet? Seeking recommendations (incl brands/models)

I'm doing a complete bathroom remodel and considering toilet options. I'm look for something with an upscale look *and* function with bidet features, as this will be the last/ultimate remodel for this bathroom. I'd welcome recommendations for specific models/brands. Also, should I get a bidet...
  8. KarenTheBold

Toilet "gives back" what was flushed several hours before (Kohler 2-pc)

Kohler 2-pc toilet was installed 20 years ago in a MIL unit over my garage and worked fine. Now I'm using that area as a home office, so using the toilet from time to time. I will use and flush the toilet, and the next day--there is stuff in the toilet bowl. It's almost like I haven't...
  9. KarenTheBold

How to remove long-time residue from stick-on no-slip decals

Years ago when I rented out my home, the tenant stuck on no-skid decals on the bottom of my bathtub. (Ceramic bathtub installed in 1948.) I removed the decals as best I could, but there are still rough spots in the tub that also catch dirt, residue from the stick-um on the decals. Is there...
  10. KarenTheBold

ADVICE? What to do for a toilet stoppage? (Toto Ultramax)

I have had a Toto Ultramax for six years--low-flow, of course, I'm a Californian. It's in a guest bathroom and, now that my house guest has been here for three weeks, she mentioned that the toilet bowl doesn't clear all the way and that it has gotten worse over time. Sure enough, when...
  11. KarenTheBold

HELP! Kohler Wellworth clogged--for two days

I have a Kohler Wellworth that has never flushed very well--small passage way, and low-flow (this is California). I even got a replacement Wellworth as this flushing problem was so common, that I traded it for a "new, improved" model at no charge. Problem: Any substantial #2, and the toilet...
  12. KarenTheBold

Correct size for Bosch AquaStar tankless water heater?

I'm interested in replacing my tank water heater with a Bosch AquaStar. It would serve a home with 2 baths, and an in-law unit with bath and kitchen. The smaller model ($500) says it provides hot water for "one major application" at a time. The larger model (close to $1000) provides for two...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks