Search results

1. KarenTheBold

Which TOTO toilet to keep?

Terry, thanks, your latest comment re gallons of flush is very useful. Let's go back to my earlier question re the two-piece Toto Drake ST743E with 1.28g and the one-piece Toto C853 which has 1.6g plainly written on it. Your vote to keep was for the one-piece ST743E with 1.6g flush. Since I...
  2. KarenTheBold

Technical Q (for Terry): What was the flush volume of a Toto Drake ST743E twenty years ago?

Actually I just discovered that it was installed in 2009. Would it still be 1.6g? (The 1.28g standard came into being in CA in 2014.)
  3. KarenTheBold

Technical Q (for Terry): What was the flush volume of a Toto Drake ST743E twenty years ago?

Terry, the toilet you voted out (in favor of the one-pc) is ready to leave the premises. Rather than having it go straight to the dump, I'm planning to list it on Freecycle, just in case. To describe it accurately, I'd like to know what the flush volume is/was. The new ones are listed as...
  4. KarenTheBold

Thanks, Terry! I trust your professional opinion 150%. But see my next reply....
  5. KarenTheBold

I've just had two toilets replaced and I have "left" two TOTO toilets and one spot to install one of them. Both were installed 15+ years ago. Please help me decide which one to keep and how strong is your preference for one over the other: One-piece Toto Ultramax CST853 Two-piece Toto Drake ST743E
  6. KarenTheBold

Recommendation for small point-of-use under-sink heater? Goal is to save water.

WorthFlorida, thanks for bringing this brand to my attention. This option looks like a winner. Tankless, 120v, cord to plug in.
  7. KarenTheBold

Wayne, the description shows the small 120v Chronomite tankless heater with a plug and 3' cord. Here's the description: https://www.amazon.com/Chronomite-120VAC-Undersink-Electric-Tankless/dp/B08F5CX5RS
  8. KarenTheBold

Thanks, Wayne, but I'm not patient enough to push buttons or wait for hot water to get to the sink directly or via recirculation. Therefore all the COVID advice to wash hands frequently means I'm washing quickly in cold water. I'm willing to put money behind a solution that means I can have...
  9. KarenTheBold

In the California drought, I still want warm/hot water in the bathroom sink, without running gallons of non-hot water down the drain just to get a small amount of water for handwashing. (A new whole-house heat-pump water heater is about 10 feet away, but I can't stand waiting and watching cold...
  10. KarenTheBold

PROBLEM SOLVED: How to remove and clean part of American Standard bathroom sink pull-down faucet?

SOLUTION: To remove the end attached to the hose, I reattached the above part and then tried to pull it out along with the hose. Lo and behold, the plastic/chrome-colored cover yanked off in my hand, and the black plastic working parts remained attached to the hose. I cleaned all the screens...
  11. KarenTheBold

Is it possible to recycle toilets?

Thanks for your reply. I'm pleased to say that the round toilets I'm swapping out came from Terry Love's toilet recommended list--so not bad. But now I'm getting "chair height" elongated toilets.
  12. KarenTheBold

Is it possible to recycle toilets?

It appears to me that toilets never wear out--since all the internal parts and handles can simply be replaced. I am getting new toilets due to style changes, water-saving, etc., but what to do with the toilets (Toto) being removed? Is there any way to give them away? Do they all end up in...
  13. KarenTheBold

PROBLEM SOLVED: How to remove and clean part of American Standard bathroom sink pull-down faucet?

This is American Standard, no model number (long discontinued) but here is a closeup of the spout, removed from the hose. It was simple to screw off and clean the filter at the business end (top of photo), but I can't figure out how to remove/clean any filter at the end that attaches to the...
  14. KarenTheBold

Any experience with 1.0 gallon toilets?

I've had this 1G toilet installed and in use for two months. It is GREAT! Quick, efficient, and not noisy! It works so much better than my 1.6g toilets, I'm going to order a second one.
  15. KarenTheBold

This American Standard bathroom sink faucet with pull-out hose has worked fine for two decades. Now the water coming through the handheld part is restricted, apparently by the filter where it attaches to the hose. I was easily able to unscrew and clean the filter at the end, but can't figure...
  16. KarenTheBold

Thanks, Terry, that's exactly the information/encouragement I needed.
  17. KarenTheBold

I live in California where the current standard is 1.28 gallons/flush. I am considering the Drake II 454 in the 1.0 gallon option. MAP rates it "Highly Recommended" but I would welcome experience of others.
  18. KarenTheBold

Bidet toilet seat OR Bidet Toilet? Seeking recommendations (incl brands/models)

Amazingly, the fact that (at least) the Neorest seat automatically rises when approached is a non-starter. My bathroom is small and the Neorest would be saluting every time I used the sink or took a shower. Very nice to look at your installation photo.
  19. KarenTheBold

Bidet toilet seat OR Bidet Toilet? Seeking recommendations (incl brands/models)

Thanks for your comprehensive reply--Your information helped me decide I'm definitely going to go for a toilet plus washlet, rather than the Neorest or Kohler where the washlet feature is incorporated.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks