Search results

1. Eeep

Adjusting water temp on a Moen shower

Fixed! I just wanted to let you all know how this eventually worked out. The whole problem had a surprising end. It turns out that the red plastic wheel on the thermostat prevented the actual dial underneath to be turned up all the way. It just boggles my mind. I just took the red plastic wheel...
  2. Eeep

Bob, Nicely spotted. It is however an optical illusion. I actually had to go out there and look at it because it looks really bad in that picture. It is okay though. The hose is just doing a turn towards the camera and that is why it looks bad.
  3. Eeep

I was just on the phone with him.
  4. Eeep

The saga goes on :( I got a new thermostat from GE. The warranty only covers parts. I called a plumber to come install it. He said that it could not be the thermostat that causes my water temperature to be low. He said it must be the dip tube, and recommended I just get a new water heater...
  5. Eeep

Alright, so I finally got around to calling the water heater people. They told me to do the following. Shut off the cold water supply to the tank. Then empty 7 buckets of water and measure the temperature in each one. I did that and the temperature in each bucket was about 125F. They are sending...
  6. Eeep

I just tried this. I have no hot water preassure at any faucets when I turn off the cold water supply to the water heater.
  7. Eeep

The tank has a 9 year warranty and was bought in 98 so I guess we will be on the phone with the GE tomorrow. Thanks!
  8. Eeep

I always assumed us not getting enough hot water had to do with the faucets. Now, that you have explained how they are supposed to work I am starting to think that something else is wrong. After all we have 4 faucets that all would have to be broken. And I have noticed that some times we get...
  9. Eeep

Hmm, so you are saying that if I turn the handle all the way to either side I should get only cold or only hot water? That is how it is supposed to work? Eeep
  10. Eeep

Our shower and sinks (all Moen, from 1991) are not getting as hot as we would like them to get. I am assuming that this is not a water heater issue as the water gets hot in the tub. I am guessing that there is something going on in the valve that makes my water not hot enough for my showers and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks